Five facts...

Michelle

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I can't watch the film A.I. any more - the scene where Haley Joel Osmond starts crying "Mommy, don't leave me!" leaves me in hysterics and I can't calm down for at least quarter of an hour, so I don't watch it any more.

2. Before I had Xander, I was able to watch A.I. and be pretty much unaffected.

3. Becoming a mother has ruined many films for me! :(

4. I don't like Zingzillas but Xan loves to dance to the music, so I'm forced to have it on if he's up at the time it's shown on CBeebies. I'm glad it's on early in the morning as he's usually still sleeping, so I only have to have it on once when it's repeated in the afternoon.

5. I tend to pan movies that are about major disasters that spell the end of the world. I still watch them in the hopes that they might be good, but I'm almost always disappointed, usually because regular Joe-Schmo characters can suddeny do things like aggressive driving manouvers or piloting planes after one or two lessons and managing to avoid major obstacles while doing so by use of stunt flying techniques.

Having good taste helps, I can't be influenced by a person who doesn't have similar tastes to me. :)

Hope it lives up to your expectations then

@Kell -A.I is a very moving film, I love it, shame you can't watch it now tho, i'll try get my fill of it before I become a parent then as i'd probably be the same as you, bawling my eyes out :(

I watched the film A.I when my son was about the same age as the android David, and I sobbed uncontrollably from the "Mommy don't leave me" bit. It was on DVD, and I kept pausing it and composing myself, but then another bit would come along and start me off again. And later in the film

when he spends the happy day with the clone of Monica

practically reduced me to hysteria when it was ending! (I'm having to dab at my eyes even thinking about it :() I think there should be a special film rating that warns mothers of young children against films like this! I'm scarred for life...

Brida, I love candy too! Have such a sweet tooth.

Cute nickname from your Dad Echo.

Ned, I tried to play flute in H.S. band and never could get the hang of it. Switched to clarinet.

Let's see about me.

I have five kittens on my porch right now. Soooo cute!

I've already mentioned this , but I love King of Queens! Kevin James is so cute.

Leah too!

I'm fairly quiet, soooo the opposite of my husband!

Growing up, I loved Hayley Mills. Some of you probably dont even know who she is. LOL:lol:

Ned, I tried to play flute in H.S. band and never could get the hang of it. Switched to clarinet.

I went from trumpet to flute. I only wanted to play trumpet but when i heard that you got out of class 3 hours a week for practice then i decided to go with the teachers recommendation of flute :(

Growing up, I loved Hayley Mills. Some of you probably dont even know who she is. LOL:lol:

I've met her! A friend of mine was working on a production of Brief Encounter, in which Hayley Mills was starring, in Newcastle and I got to go backstage. She was very nice and made us a cup of tea in her dressing round. She spent a lot of time telling us how proud she was of her son, Crispian Mills, who is the lead singer of Kula Shaker - I think they were touring at the time, if I remember correctly. I can honestly say she's a lovely lady and one of the nicest celebrities I've ever met.

Kell, so excited that YOU HAVE MET HAYLEY MILLS!:friends0:

What a thrill!! I grew watching her movies!

Dont hear much about her anymore.

So glad to hear that she was nice and took time to spend with you.

Brida, I love candy too! Have such a sweet tooth.

I've already mentioned this , but I love King of Queens! Kevin James is so cute.

Leah too!

I'm fairly quiet, soooo the opposite of my husband!

Hahaha I've just spent the past 5 days laughing with my mom about the ''Doug & Carry, D&C, D&C, D&C, Arthur, Arthur, Arthur, Arthur.....'' scene :lol: So ridiculous.

And all of the above you've mentioned - we have that in common. Well except for being married of course :friends0:

Kell, so excited that YOU HAVE MET HAYLEY MILLS!:friends0:

What a thrill!! I grew watching her movies!

Dont hear much about her anymore.

So glad to hear that she was nice and took time to spend with you.

I was well chuffed she was as nice as you'd expect her to be from watching her films. I used to watch things like Pollyanna and The Parent Trap when I was little and loved those films (especillay The Parent Trap) and would have been heartbroken if she'd been anything less than delightful, but she totally lived up to the image. SHe really is that sweet and cheerful and it really felt like she took an interest. She spoke to my friend (she worked lighting) like she was an old friend, which was really nice. Of all the celebs I've ever met (and I've met quite a surprising amount over all), she has been the very nicest.

OK, here are five celeb-facts from me:

1. I went to college with Robin Laing who played Edward "Babe" Heffron in Band of Brothers. I used to go to parties at his flat all the time and he was very close friends with my best pal in college (so he was a good friend by extension, as well as a class-mate). I worked on a couple of stage shows with him and his talent was evident even back then. I can vouch for him being an extremely nice guy and I get a real kick out of seeing him do so well.

2. I had a fling with a guy who went on to star in a film and appear (in a small but crucial role) in another film with Cate Blanchett. (But I'm not going to tell you his name, because that would be totally indiscrete.) He's severely dyslexic, so I used to type up some of his college papers for him. He did the same course as me but 2 years later. I get a real kick out of seeing him on the big screen.

3. I've had a cup of tea with Hayley Mills in her dressing room and she's nice as pie!

4. I met a certain singer/actress whose older sister is also a singer/some-time actress while she was hosting a Saturday morning show - I was one of the feature dancers. I didn't like her one bit. She was snobby and looked down her nose at everyone. She didn't feel she could spare even a second for a young male fan who very politely asked for her autograph. Instead, she shot him down in flames and absolutely shattered him. I'm guessing he's no longer her fan.

5. The male co-host of the same show asked me for my phone number, but I turned him down because he was 15 years older than me and I just wasn't interested at all. He used my Star Trek Communicator Badge as an opener for chatting me up, which I thought was hilarious.

4. I met a certain singer/actress whose older sister is also a singer/some-time actress while she was hosting a Saturday morning show - I was one of the feature dancers. I didn't like her one bit. She was snobby and looked down her nose at everyone. She didn't feel she could spare even a second for a young male fan who very politely asked for her autograph. Instead, she shot him down in flames and absolutely shattered him. I'm guessing he's no longer her fan.

Is she now a judge on a Saturday night singing competition?

I was well chuffed she was as nice as you'd expect her to be from watching her films. I used to watch things like Pollyanna and The Parent Trap when I was little and loved those films (especillay The Parent Trap) and would have been heartbroken if she'd been anything less than delightful, but she totally lived up to the image. SHe really is that sweet and cheerful and it really felt like she took an interest. She spoke to my friend (she worked lighting) like she was an old friend, which was really nice. Of all the celebs I've ever met (and I've met quite a surprising amount over all), she has been the very nicest.

So nice that you have met several celebrities!

That would make a good topic here. Have you ever met a celebrity?

I really havent. Though talked to Larry Gatlin(singer) one time and took his picture.

I have had some celebrities answer my questions on their blogs and twitter.

I was most excited about Jane Fonda posting my question with an answer on her blog.

• 4 weeks later...

1) I love getting older as I am finding it liberating.

2) I sometimes don't recognise my own hands when I catch sight of them.

3) When I am down my eyeballs feel heavy.

4) I love walking my dog in the woods during the chill early morning when there is frostiness and mist. I feel comfortably alone at these times.

5) I sometimes say a grateful "Hello" to my pillow at bedtime.

5 random facts:

1. One of my very best friends is my older sister. Even though she's 11 years older than me and probably as different to me as a sibling could be.

2. My mom was working as a "housewife" until I was 14 years old. Therefore, I have never learned to use a washing machine and cooking porridge/boiling water is as far as my skills in the kitchen go. She even cleans my room if I leave it too long. :D(I never expect that of her or ask her to, though! Just so that's clear, I'm not completely spoilt. :))

3. It's my dream to get a university degree in either mathematics/physics or history. It's also been my dream to become a teacher since I was 7 years old.

4. I absolutely hate dressing up and going to parties or school festivals. I really only do it for my friends who nag me until I agree to go. I prefer small groups of friends at the cinema or dinner. :lol:

5. I'm extremely "nerdy" compared to all the other members of my family. They really do not share my need for knowing everything about anything that comes to mind. "Nerd" is almost becoming a nickname for me in the house, even though I'm not extremely smart at all.:lol:

1) I'm quite shy & sometimes worry that people will think i'm standoffish because of it.

2) Autumn is my favourite month because i love blackberry picking with the children.

3) Three of my children were born at home.

4) I don't own a mobile phone or a microwave.

5) I love to eat sundried tomato's straight from the jar.

Is she now a judge on a Saturday night singing competition?

I have met that certain person twice actually. Once when she was promoting her single success, and she was horrible and seemed like she felt that everyone owed her!

The second time I met her at Heathrow airport last year and she was really nice, signing autographs and being really pleasant... Maybe she has changed?

• 5 weeks later...

5 facts about me...

1. I have been a soap opera fan since I was little. Dallas and some Swedish soaps were my first. I have been watching The Bold and the Beautiful since I was 11, which is now 15 years and more than half my life! I