Ben's Reading 2010

Ben

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooo great choices Ben :) really hope you enjoy Breakneck!

Me too, I'll let you know my thoughts. It does sound really good, all thanks to you for recommending!

Congrats Ben .

I've got Breakneck on my TBR list too courtesy of Kelly :smile2:. Have to say I wouldn't traipse out to a bookstore, I prefer to order online. Especially in this weather :D.

Yeah that's true, but I needed to traipse out to get my phone fixed anyway. So while I was there I thought I might as well pop into Smiths, oh and get a smoothie from BBs and a jam donut from Greggs as well, hehe.

Oooh The Historian! *Jumps up and down* :D

I get the impression I might enjoy this one.. :lol:

Edited by Ben

Great haul Ben! I have the Erica Spindler on my wishlist too and enjoyed The Historian, hope you like both :)

Kiss Of Evil. - Richard Montanari. (Damn, just found out this is the second in a series, why do they never make these things clear) :smile2:

As you may know I've just finished this :) Don't worry I haven't read the first either and it didn't spoil anything for me, although I do want to read the prequel anyway :D

Great haul Ben! I have the Erica Spindler on my wishlist too and enjoyed The Historian, hope you like both :)

As you may know I've just finished this :) Don't worry I haven't read the first either and it didn't spoil anything for me, although I do want to read the prequel anyway :D

Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on. That's great news about Kiss Of Evil as the cover looks enticing and I think I'll read it soon. I would have been annoyed otherwise. :smile2:

Edited by Ben

Ah posts deleted I see, my thanks anyway for the additional post at the start of the thread. :D

No reading for me today either, it's all revision I'm afraid. Don't panic, though, I will catch up after the exams..

Ahhh and for those of you that hadn't noticed, I am even more organised now in the sense that you can now see my Wonderful Wishlist and book challenge ideas here. Woop, now there's a post that I am sure will grow in no time at all. Note: I started it this year. :blush:

I should very well hope so, as we all know that my humble opinion is not very humble after all :D I rock, therefore you should probably cut to the chase and just copy-paste my entire TBR/Wishlist :smile2:!

Seriously though, I've read a lot of early King and while most of it is really good, The Dark Half always stood out for me - for concept, for writing, for sheer eerieness. Of course, the fact that it's about a writer might have something to do with it, but then so is Misery and I think this is better than Misery, probably because Misery could happen and The Dark Half couldn't, yet the Dark Half is so well done it becomes just as believable as Misery is.

Aha, I should probably just do that. :lol: As it happens once my exams are over I will probably spend more time browsing people's blogs/TBR's/Wishlist's for ideas to add to my own, but you're safe until then. :D

As it happens, the fact that it is about a writer was what piqued my interest. I am contemplating getting it ordered on Amazon while I'm on there.. :)

Re: the theft my wishlist, I don't mind, in fact I'm only glad if I can expand my bookish influence like a benevolent plague :) just make sure you acknowledge my special brand of listing genius! Incidentally, if books about writers interest you, you might want to appropriate some or all of my prospective Metabooks - fascinating topic, my kind :D!

Get us a copy as well while you're on there, mine's been separated from its cover through the sheer force of love :lol: I kid, I kid. Although... no, I kid.

Ahh Giulia you know that I would acknowledge that I stole them all from you. I'll be sure to take a look at that, sounds good. :)

I haven't even had chance to get it ordered yet, might treat myself after my exams..

Edited by Ben

Okay, my reading starts again as of tomorrow and I have decided to put aside Roald Dahl's collection of short stories, Someone Like You, for the time being and get into one of my new novels - Breakneck by Erica Spindler. It looks very good.. can't wait to get started tomorrow, for now I am exhausted and am soon to hit the sack.*

*I do have a slight worry in the fact that this is the second book in a series - I can't believe I didn't notice. Anyone who has read this before, will this be a problem?

Edited by Ben

Thanks Lexi! :friends0:

4) Breakneck. - Erica Spindler.

Synopsis.

M.C. Riggio and Kitt Lundgren, detective partners at the Rockford Violent Crimes Bureau, have been through a lot together. Lately, though, things have begun to look up: M.C. is getting married, while Kitt is slowly coming to terms with her daughter's death.

Suddenly, their world is shattered when a brutal murder strikes close to home for M.C. Nothing will be the same again. A killer is on the loose, someone who systematically works his way down a seemingly unconnected list of victims. With the body count rising, Kitt and M.C. struggle to walk that fine line between protecting the law - and taking it into their own hands..

Started: 15/01/10.

Finished: 24/01/10.

Review coming soon..

Edited by Ben

Ooo that book sounds good Ben! Can't wait for your review :censored:

Thanks Kate, just about to get started.

I'm about half way through this book and I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Perky

Thanks Perky, I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm done.

Edited by Ben

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Breakneck lastnight. It was fantastic. Will be writing a full review when possible, but for now I'll just say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh what have we here, a neglected and lonely looking post.. what was I using it for again?

Oh I remember now. Reading. That fantastic hobby that I never seem to get the time to do. Since my last post, all that time ago, I have started just one new book and got only about 50 pages or so into it. It is Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris and I know the series' is very popular on here so I am looking forward to getting into it..

.. when I get the time.