Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you're enjoying Wicked Muggle, it was easily my best book of 2008.

Sorry you weren't that keen on Anansi Boys Cookie - what didn't you like about it? I loved it so much I re-read the first half hot on the heels of the end!

I'm about half way through Rebecca's Tale. It is OK and as a mystery I find it quite good but I don't think it does the original Rebecca justice. The ghostly elements of it I find odd plus the reason for Rebecca writing the journal doesn't make sense (I won't say more in case people want to read it). Still, once I get to the end I can then safely lay the ghost of Rebecca to bed as I would have read the original and the prequel/sequel. Then I can move on to my TBR pile at last:D

I finished Nightlight: A Parody last night and practically giggled myself to sleep it was so funny. I'm still listening to The Last Summer (of You and Me) in the car and I think I'm going to do a quick re-read of The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier starting tonight. I don't know if I had a dream about tapestries or something, but I woke up in the mood for this book and it's my absolute fave of hers :lol:.

I read 200 pages of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yesterday - quite a lot for me - and I should get it finished today.

I received The Plucker by Brom in the mail yesterday. :D

I have just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was pretty awesome. :lol:

Well it must've been pretty awesome since you read it in huge chunks! Happy reading with Wodehouse :)

I finished Dewey last night, I still had 100 pages left when I went to bed with it but I just couldn't stop reading it. It was such a lovely read! :D Also started Lady, My Life as a Bitch by Melvin Burgess. Soo far the book's been... pretty out there...

Have finished The Harlequin, it was better than the last two but not up to the usual standard!

@BookJumper - I can't put my finger on why I didn't like Anansi Boys, I think it was because I had such high hopes for the auther that he didn't stand a chance of living up to them!!!:D

Started reading Byron last night - haven't read much yet but I like it!

Almost halfway through The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier. I never get tired of reading this book and honestly could imagine reading it several more times over.

I went over to dinner at my mom's last night and I helped her with her Amazon shopping :D. I picked out The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova for my birthday present (yay!) and then she ordered a Catherine Coulter book for herself. Oh and she also bought 2 dvds :lol:. I can't wait for the Kostova!!

I went over to dinner at my mom's last night and I helped her with her Amazon shopping :D. I picked out The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova for my birthday present (yay!) and then she ordered a Catherine Coulter book for herself. Oh and she also bought 2 dvds :lol:. I can't wait for the Kostova!!

Can't wait to hear what you think of The Swan Thieves, I hope it's every bit as good, if not better, than The Historian! :) You were very helpful to your Mum with her Amazon shopping :), I'm sure she was very glad she had you there :D

I have read exactly 2 pages in the last two days, what the hell??? :D

Almost halfway through The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier. I never get tired of reading this book and honestly could imagine reading it several more times over.

Ooh, I definitely want to give this a re-read soon! And woooo for The Swan Theives :D

I'm 380 pages into Small Island and loving every page of it.

Took along to our Bookcrossing meetup

Thunder God by Paul Watkins

The Eagle's Conquest by Simon Scarrow )

When the Eagle Hunts by Simon Scarrow ) two of Kell's books

The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris

On the way home I released a book in the car park (Denburn)

Total Recall by Sara Paretsky