Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off to read for a bit before bedtime.. had to work late tonight, so less time to read than I wanted. :lol: Oh well, happy to have a job again! :roll: Still working through The Help. It's great so far, just have to find the time to read more at a time!

Woohoo for finishing The Big Over Easy and starting Stolen, Catwoman! Two excellent reads I must say :roll:. I hope you get to read the other Nursery Crime book soon, The Fourth Bear. I have it waiting on my shelf as well.

I can't recall Kylie, but have you read the Sookie books before?

I read just a bit when I came home today and am now halfway through Dime Store Magic. Hope to get a good chunk in before bed tonight.

I'm so glad to finally know Lucas's true identity!

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched The World :roll:

Dewey! Spencer, Iowa is actually rather close to where I live :lol: I'm anxious to hear how you like this book, its a really sweet story IMO.

Edited by CaliLily

I can't recall Kylie, but have you read the Sookie books before?

No, I haven't. I finally gave in and bought them all (except the last one) after everyone's continuous gushing last year. :roll: They better be good! :lol: :lol:

I finally finished The Virgin in the Ice by Ellis Peters and am happy to announce that I enjoyed it a lot in the end. SueK will be pleased at least :roll: That was my first read this year. I'm a bit torn about what to start next, partly because I'm still at BF's and have a limited selection. But I have good reads with me so I should be able to find something to suit my mood.

Glad you enjoyed this Frankie. If you decide to pick up another Cadfael book in the future, might I suggest St Peter's Fair as that is a good yarn with a fine twist at the end:)

I took this book out of the library just before Christmas but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I loved Rebecca and re-read it last year - it was such a delight again. I then read Mrs De Winter by Susan Hill which I also thoroughly enjoyed. I'm glad you are enjoying Rebecca's Tale - I'll have to make a start soon before I have to take it back/renew it.

I bought two more books yesterday with my voucher (3 for 2 actually) so that

I'm so glad to finally know Lucas's true identity!

He is rather nice isn't he? :roll:

I finished Kiss Of Evil by Richard Montanari last night and started The Vanished Man by Jeffery Deaver after, seems good so far :lol:

Glad you enjoyed this Frankie. If you decide to pick up another Cadfael book in the future, might I suggest St Peter's Fair as that is a good yarn with a fine twist at the end:)

Yes you may suggest, and I'll keep it in mind :lol: Thanks Sue!

I started Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay last night, it was really gripping right from the get-go. Can't wait to get to train to read more :roll:

I've just received Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia A. McKillip in the post and if the book's innards are half as pretty as its cover, I might have found a new favourite :roll: itching to start it but that wouldn't be a clever plan as I need to rush into Fahrenheit 451 as soon as the package with my other *seven* Amazon books gets here :lol:.

Yes you may suggest, and I'll keep it in mind :lol: Thanks Sue!

I started Too Close to Home by Linwood Barclay last night, it was really gripping right from the get-go. Can't wait to get to train to read more :roll:

Ooooh I have this on my TBR pile, can't wait to hear what you think.

I have read 50 pages of Stolen so far, and it is better than the last one, but so far I still don't like any of the characters, which sucks a little I am hoping that they develop the more I get into the book.

I have read 50 pages of Stolen so far, and it is better than the last one, but so far I still don't like any of the characters, which sucks a little I am hoping that they develop the more I get into the book.

I hope it picks up for you and you end up enjoying it :roll:

Picked up The empty Chair by Jeffrey Deaver today from the library so that is my next book to read

I started The Vanished Man last night by Deaver!! I hope you like The Empty Chair, if I remember correctly, it was a bit slow to start but soon picks up :lol:

I hope you like the Sookie books, Kylie! I need to get back on board and finish the series - I've got the 3rd one waiting for me.

Lucas is very nice, Charm! :lol: You finished Kiss of Evil rather quickly, huh? Sounds like your mojo is back in biz :roll:.

Mexicola, I'm sorry your not shouting about Remarkable Creatures yet. I hope it picks up for you!

I only got in a chapter of Dime Store Magic last night before falling asleep with the light on. I was up at 5am yesterday so I guess I'm not surprised I faded away so early :lol:.

I am almost finished 'Catching Fire' (Hunger Games Book 2) by Suzanne Collins, it has been slower than the first book but just as good :roll: