Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

It was a very eagerly received Christmas present :) Will certainly let you know the verdict; I have high hopes for this one!

Excellent present, Mexicola! I've been hearing about this one for awhile and am so intrigued by the story. Do you have a fave Chevalier?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would have to say my favourite is The Lady and the Unicorn. How about you?

The same! See, now I know you and I have excellent taste ;). I love The Lady and the Unicorn; it's just so fascinating to me, learning about tapestry making, and reading it from several different perspectives was just the best :).

The same! See, now I know you and I have excellent taste :D. I love The Lady and the Unicorn; it's just so fascinating to me, learning about tapestry making, and reading it from several different perspectives was just the best ;).

Oh yes, excellent taste :D I loved the whole tapestry aspect too. I think Remarkable Creatures should be similarly enthralling given its subject matter; I love the fossil-finding, Mary Anning story :)

Read some more of Chasing Harry Winston - Lauren Weisberger, am now halfway through. Will hopefully read another chapter tonight.

Are you enjoying this so far?

I couldn't make it through much of her book, despite liking her other two similar novels.

Are you enjoying this so far?

I couldn't make it through much of her book, despite liking her other two similar novels.

Can't say it's fantastic but I'm plodding on with it, gone to far to give up now! I much prefer The Devil Wears Prada and I haven't got round to Everyone Worth Knowing yet.

Can't say it's fantastic but I'm plodding on with it, gone to far to give up now! I much prefer The Devil Wears Prada and I haven't got round to Everyone Worth Knowing yet.

Glad to hear it wasn't just me on this one. :) "Everyone Worth Knowing" was much better to me than this one, so you can hold out hope for that one at least!

:) I finished Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen this afternoon, less than a week to read a book things are improving :D

So whilst the reading bug is still with me I'll be starting Big In Japan by M. Thomas Gammarino, this is a librarything early review book that I managed to bag a couple of months ago ;)

I brought the first Twlight Book.

Another one lost to the realms of the underworld..

I read around about 100 pages of Crocodile Tears in the bath earlier and I have to say the latest Alex Rider book is picking up nicely.

This weekend I`ve read The Girl Next Door ~ Elizabeth Noble,

an easy, enjoyable read that has helped restore my lost mojo :)

what to read next? that`s the question! :)

I just finished The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde, review is in the works. Preferred it to the previous in the series but still prefer the Thursday Next series I think.

I want to know if i think it worth all the fuss.

That's why I bought it too, wasn't impressed but still want to read the rest!

This weekend I`ve read The Girl Next Door ~ Elizabeth Noble,

an easy, enjoyable read that has helped restore my lost mojo :lol:

what to read next? that`s the question! :)

Have you narrowed it down to any choices? Maybe we could help :)

Have you narrowed it down to any choices? Maybe we could help :)

These two seem to be calling to me :)The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini or The First Casualty - Ben Elton, both authors are new to me. :lol:

These two seem to be calling to me :)The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini or The First Casualty - Ben Elton, both authors are new to me. :lol:

Oh dear, both new to me too :lol: I think I have heard some quite good reviews on The Kite Runner though and I'm sure I've seen a thread on it here or read about it on some members blogs. Sorry I couldn't help more :)

Oh dear, both new to me too :lol: I think I have heard some quite good reviews on The Kite Runner though and I'm sure I've seen a thread on it here or read about it on some members blogs. Sorry I couldn't help more :)

No problem :) I`ve read good things about The Kite Runner and The First Casualty looks good :lol: My problem is my mojo seems to be going AWOL on a regular basis just lately so I need the book to grab my attention straight away!

I've read, and enjoyed, both, but I would say The Kite Runner was the better of the two. :) Hosseini's next one, A Thousand Splendid Suns is just as good, if not better.

thank you :lol: I`ve got A Thousand Splendid Suns on the shelf as well, maybe I`ll go for that one! :)

My problem is my mojo seems to be going AWOL on a regular basis just lately so I need the book to grab my attention straight away!

Unfortunately I know the feeling only too well lately :) However, Mr Montanari seems to be keeping me interested which is a good sign. I hope your mojo comes and stays for a long time! :)

Unfortunately I know the feeling only too well lately :lol: However, Mr Montanari seems to be keeping me interested which is a good sign. I hope your mojo comes and stays for a long time! :)

thank you Charm, yours too! fingers crossed for the both of us! :)

I've read The Kite Runner, it was good but took me a while to get into, so might not be good for a lack of reading mojo

thank you Lucy, I might rethink tomorrow! :lol:

I have read the grand sum of ten pages today. I am just too tired and not really in the right zone to read today. :)

I about to head to bed so I may try again in a little bit.

It is such a shame as the book is awesome and loving it alot.