Random Quotes: p123, para5, next 3 sentences

Kell

"That's enough!" said Beorn. "Sit down and be quiet! Now go on, Gandalf!"

So Gandalf went on with the tale, until he came to the fight in the dark, the discovery of the lower gate, and their horror when they found that Mr Baggins had been mislaid.

The Hobbit - J R R Tolkien

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas, who had taken a typing class at JFK, rolled a piece of paper into the machine and tried a test sentence: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. I typed one, too: Thomas Birdsey is an asshole. Ma said, all right, all right, that was enough of that kind of stuff.

I Know This Much Is True ~ Wally Lamb

'Buried deep beneath the limestone of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Chicxulub is one of the largest meteorite craters yet found on Earth. Some estimates put it's width at over 300km (185 miles). At the end of the Cretacious Period, 65 million years ago, a comet or an asteroid that may have been more than 10km (6 miles) wide crashed into the Earth at this site.'

- My fantastic Earth encyclopedia :lol:

Halfway across, I stopped as a fresh wave of the scent came over on the breeze. I looked up to see a short, sturdy figure under a dim streetlight. She wore a hooded cloak of somekind, high heels and a short skirt.

Broken by Kelley Armstrong.

"Bella!" I heard someone call, and it sounded like Mike. I looked around to realise that the school had become populated while I'd been sitting there absentminded. Everyone was in t-shirts, some even in shorts though the temperature couldn't be over sixty.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

(Its actually paragraph four in my copy, there is no paragraph 5 on page 123 :D)

Was it trivial that a beautiful women had wanted him? He suspected it was. Was it immature and vindictive to imagine Gloria getting wind of the encounter?

The Savage Garden. - Mark Mills.

The Kaiser nodded. 'That must be the epitome of your Waffen SS culture, what you all aspire to. It is the kind of action that wrests victory from the impossible and the effect on the morale of your enemies spreads wider than any individual action.'

The Kaiser's Last Kiss - Alan Judd

"I've never been able to afford to be too finicky," I said. "That's not my nature." If Alcide expected or wanted me to ask for smelling salts, or to beg him to save little me from the big bad wolf, he had the wrong woman.

Club Dead ~by~ Charlaine Harris

'Buried deep beneath the limestone of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, Chicxulub is one of the largest meteorite craters yet found on Earth. Some estimates put it's width at over 300km (185 miles). At the end of the Cretacious Period, 65 million years ago, a comet or an asteroid that may have been more than 10km (6 miles) wide crashed into the Earth at this site.'

- My fantastic Earth encyclopedia :D

The smilies on here need a heart I can post when awesome people post awesomness.

So eat regularly, and preferably five smaller meals to keep the metabolism going. You should never feel like you're 'starving'. It can also help to eat more fiber, like choosing whole grains such as brown rice instead of white, and whole grain or sourdough bread instead of white bread.

Kathy Balland - Lose The Diet

It was three days after the satisfactory resolution of the Patel case. Mma Ramotswe had put in her bill for two thousand pula, plus expenses, and had been paid by return of post. This astonished her.

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

'Nope. So we got this thing all sewn up. Maybe we'll even regain control of the Baltic terrorities.'

Let the right one in by John Ajvide Lindqvist

The restaurant was closed down until all the work stipulated in the order had been completed.

Thank God I have another string to my bow with Pie Crust Productions.

There is a new notice in the window of Hoi Polloi.

Adrian Mole - The Cappucino Years by Sue Townsend

"You will not be harmed or held here, Mr. Fletcher - not if you cooperate with our inquiries - but you are being deported, let's be clear on that. Kicked out. Given what you Americans call the bum's rush."

Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales by Stephen King

Already he was in a game with the highest possible stakes, and neither craps nor blackjack, nor baccarat could distract him from the knowledge that his life was on the line.

So Denver in the early morning.

As he had taken lunch in his hotel room, so he took dinner.

Dean Koontz - Your Heart Belongs To Me

- F**K you!

- The virtue of the mysteries of the Christian faith commands thee!

And he holds the Bible over her like a brick about to shatter her skull, summoning all the strength of his belief, his faith a force inside him, deep as the centuries.

Vellum : The Book Of All Hours - Hal Duncan

'Naturally, naturally,' murmured Borgin, bowing again.

Next moment, the bell over the door tinkled loudly as Malfoy stalked out of the shop looking very pleased with himself. He passed so close to Harry, Ron and Hermione that they felt the cloak flutter around their knees again.

Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince. - JK Rowling.

I posted the three from page 122 because I believe Sweetipie posted the one's from page 123 further down. :icon_eek:

• 2 weeks later...

In "The Laugh of the Medusa" Cixous associates a feminine text with subversiveness. "It is volcanic", she says. How could the qualities recognised above be seen as a threat to or undermining the status quo of existing power structures, particularly that of patriarchy? Literature and Feminism, Pam Morris. You did say random book!

'You haven't played a musical instrument, at least not for some years now, have you?' were the first words out of her mouth.

'No' I said, taken aback. 'You're right.'

~Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami