Random Quotes: p123, para5, next 3 sentences

Kell

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no paragraph 5 on this page so this is the last paragraph.

Logan stood on the top step, looking up and down the deserted street. 'What did you find when you searched the other buildings?'

Dying Light ~ Stuart MacBride

"They tried to set you up with him and you said no?" Dena sounded incredulous

"I was dating Simon." The truth was I probably would have declined anyway - money and Republicans and sausage did not strike me as a particularly tempting combination.

American Wife - Curtis Sittenfeld

He moved down the slopes of the Urals slowly and deliberately, and began the tiring journey through the headlands of the Pechora, a route he clearly knew towards an objective he had often thought of returning to: the prehistoric denning ground of the ancient Pechora pack. As he approached, a watching wolf (and there was one) would have seen that his bulk was deceptive: he was more than bulky, he was huge. His fur was dark and shaggy, in places patchy from fights long since forgotten; his face was so scarred and torn about the eyes that one of them seemed a shade higher and wider than the other which, with the permanent frown he had, made it seem that not only was he thinking about attack, he had just decided to launch one.

Journeys To The Heartland - William Horwood

Obviously not three of the shorter sentences in the book!

• 2 weeks later...

'Across the walls the neon runs in vertical strips every metre or so and in between the neon strips are huge display cases, wall mounted and protected by black wire meshing.' 9987. - Nik Jones.

It took a while longer to obtain from Hakins the place where Ryan was to hide up, and by that time it was much too late to do anything further until next day.

All through the night the blizzard swept over the outpost, and the wind howled in fury, piling the snow up against the shacks that made up the one main street. Faintly in the wind was heard the distant calling of wolves, but nobody troubled overmuch.

Boru, Dog Of The O'Mally - Joseph E Chipperfield

Another Tarot tradition. Many people believe you should never buy a deck of cards for yourself. That you should always wait for the right deck to be given to you as a gift.

Labyrinth ~ Kate Mosse

I saw the white hair first. A thin young man, about the same age as the punt touters, but looking old before his time, his hair worn to his shoulders, so that it blew slightly in the wind as he leaned against the metal of the bridge, flanked on either side by Japanese tourists taking photographs. He wore no hat and his university gown was scarlet, not the usual black.

Ghostwalk - Rebecca Stott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The will to live is so strong that given the choice of two deaths one will alays choose the one that buys more time even if it is a matter of seconds. People will jump to their death from a burning building rather than burn with it. For in those few seconds of accelerating flight the god that refused to save them from the fire might still reach down from heaven and bring them to earth alive.

Random Acts of Heroic Love - Danny Scheinmann

"Still, he would be torn, not wanting to leave us-and while any able-bodied man could always be of use on a homestead, he was by no means a natural farmer, let alone a gunsmith, like Manfred and his father. If he himself were to wed, though....

I gave Ute McGillivray a glance, and saw her watching Mr Wemyss and his inamorata with the contented expression of a puppet master whose puppets are dancing precisely to her tune."

Breath of Snow and Ashes ~ Diana Gabaldon

Weeping, Diment pulled his belt out of its loops and began to make a tourniquet.

Hunton was talking on the phone with Roger Martin, the inspector. Jackson watched him while he patiently rolled a ball back and forth for three-year-old Patty Hunton to chase.

The Mangler - Stephen King (from Ray Bradbury Introduces Tales Of Dungeons And Dragons)

• 4 months later...

It's lips were thin and ascetic, and it's eyes were a demon's eyes: they had seen too much and gone too far, and under their gaze he felt less important than a fly.

'What happens now?' he asked.

'Now,' said the demon, in a voice that carried with it no sorrow, no relish, only a dreadful flat resignation, 'you will be tortured.'

Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman

'Well, you saw how she was carrying on with every man she could get hold of - even Mr Kennedy, and he's her own sister's beau. I never saw the like! And she certainly was going after Charles.'

Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

"To keep our practice in its pure form is our purose. Sometimes I feel there is something blasphemous in talking about how Buddhism is perfect as a philosophy or teaching without knowing what it actually is. To practice zazen with a group is the most importaint thing for Buddhism - and for us - because this practice is the original way of life."

Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind - Shunryu Suzuki

Beldin shrugged. "He didn't believe me. He can't accept the fact that Angarak society disintegrated."

Belgarath The Sorcerer ~David and Leigh Eddings.

Shame on me for not having what I'm currently reading (or supposed to be reading) on my desk as opposed to a book I've read four times already.

Only after inspectors discovered the ruse did Mitsubishi begin to deal with the suspected problems, recalling over 700,000 cars for defects including bad brakes, fuel leaks, and failing clutches. A similar scandal arose in June 2000 at giant milk producer Snoe Brand, whose tainted milk poisened 14,000 people, as the result of careless sanitation procedures that had gone unchecked for decades. At Tokai's nuclear plant, Mitsubishi Motors, and Snow Brand, no worker or manager ever drew attention to a situation dozens or even hundreds of people must have been aware of for many years.

Dogs and Demons by Alex Kerr

It's not as boring as it sounds from this...:lol:

• 2 months later...

A tray appeared from behind the door, floating in mid-air. Presumably there was some flunky behind the door holding it. Or so I hoped. With necromancers, one can never be sure.

Industrial Magic - Kelley Armstrong

(I had to throw in the 4th sentence since it just made me laugh :D)

• 1 month later...

"I'd forgotten the sweetness of immortal blood." The bull's decayed breath washed over Rephaim. "The vampyre's blood held only a hint of this, I believe I will drink and drink from you, son of Kalona."

Burned by P.C. and Kristin Cast