Awake. Shake dreams from your hair

My pretty child, my sweet one.

Choose the day and choose the sign of your day

The day's divinity

First thing you see.

Jim Morrison - The Doors 1963 - 1971

And this one by Chrissy

When it's dark baby, there's a light I'll shine,

and if you're lost, I'm right behind, cause we walk the same line.

Edited by poppy

• 4 months later...

nursenblack's just caught my eye. As much as Cathy and Heathcliff are incredibly selfish, you have to be moved by their passion.

"If you ever looked at me once with what I know is in you, I would be your slave." ~Emily Brontë (Wuthering Heights)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Weave's one .....

'No matter what they wish for, no matter how far they go, people can never be anything but themselves. That's all.' ~ Haruki Murakami.

and Lucybird's.....

"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." (Harper Lee)

are both quotes I like a lot.

• 1 month later...

Weave's one .....

'No matter what they wish for, no matter how far they go, people can never be anything but themselves. That's all.' ~ Haruki Murakami.

and Lucybird's.....

"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." (Harper Lee)

are both quotes I like a lot.

Thanks poppy, I like yours and Lucy's too :)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What an interesting quote this is of Kafka's. Reminds me a bit of the sentiment in Ozymandias.

The tusks that clashed in mighty brawls of mastodons, are billiard balls.

The sword of Charlemagne the Just is ferric oxide, known as rust.

The grizzly bear whose potent hug was feared by all, is now a rug.

Great Caesar’s bust is on my shelf, and I don’t feel so well myself.

I really like yours Poppy, Stiggy's words are as beautiful as ever. I also really like Kafka's, really makes you think. :mellow:

What an interesting quote this is of Kafka's. Reminds me a bit of the sentiment in Ozymandias.

The tusks that clashed in mighty brawls of mastodons, are billiard balls.

The sword of Charlemagne the Just is ferric oxide, known as rust.

The grizzly bear whose potent hug was feared by all, is now a rug.

Great Caesar’s bust is on my shelf, and I don’t feel so well myself.

You took the words right out of my head, poppy

Wonderful pick, Kafka.

• 3 weeks later...

Another very thought provoking one from Bree ....

For it is true we can seldom help those closest to us. Either we don't know what part of ourselves to give or, more often than not, the part we have to give is not wanted. And so it those we live with and should know who elude us. But we can still love them - we can love completely without complete understanding.

~ A River Runs Through It

I think Nollaig's, Calily's and muggle not's are great ones.

Dimitri, a belated thanks.

my signature is in honor of my absolute favorite sports legend and humanitarian:

Roberto Clemente Walker (August 18, 1934 – December 31, 1972) was a Puerto Rican ball player whose Major League career comprised the 18 seasons stretching from 1955 through 1972, all of them played with the Pittsburgh Pirates, primarily as a right fielder. Clemente was awarded the National League (NL) Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award in 1966. He was on the NL All-Star team 15 times, received 12 Gold Glove Awards, and led the NL in batting average four times. In 1972, Clemente got his 3,000th major league hit.

Off the field, Clemente was involved in charity work in Puerto Rico and other Latin American countries, often delivering baseball equipment and food to those in need. He died in an aviation accident on December 31, 1972, while en route to deliver aid to earthquake victims in Nicaragua. Clemente was elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame posthumously in 1973, becoming the first Latin American to be selected and one of only four current Hall of Fame members for whom the mandatory five-year waiting period has been waived.[1][2] Besides being the first Hispanic player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, Clemente is also the first Hispanic to win a World Series as a starter (1960), receive an MVP Award (1966), and receive a World Series MVP Award (1971).

actually, I enjoy all the signatures as each is different and fun to read.

• 4 months later...

I love mugglenots signature - "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted". Roberto Clemente

It's something I relate too, same with wordsgood - "Stop listening to them. And be who you are. Do as you please. Think what you want. And don't forget who you are."

I also like my one! :giggle2: