The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

From Stepheniemeyer.com ~

Q ~Why in the world is Edward's volvo now black in the New Moon? - Kim B.

A ~ This wasn't my call. Picky as I am about cars, if I'd been rounding up the vehicles for Twilight, they all would have been the exact makes and models I'd written about (especially that '53 Chevy!). I don't know what all is involved with choosing the cars

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember rightly, it was unnecessary anyway, they could have easily shot the scene without a car, it was just another excuse for blatant product placement, like the Virgin airplane!

Yip :) everyone buy volvos :(

I read an interview with the director the other day and this came up, it was basically that the new car didn't come in silver, and he didn't want to spray it for some reason or another, and how he regrets using the black one now though because fans have had such a negative reaction to it. But I agree, the product placement is stupid, especially as the plane they showed flying to Italy only flies within America in real life :)

Changing the subject totally - you know what would be so awesome?

Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner getting together.

I don't know why, I just like them both and RPatt does little/nothing for me.

She has a boyfriend though, doesn't she?

I like him as a person. I never liked RPatt in interviews, and Taylor never HAD interviews prior to New Moon. Now that I've seen him interacting with interviewers, other cast members and responding to similar questions, I think he's way cooler. He's clearly talented, he's up for a laugh, takes everything in his stride and he's very articulate and engaging. RPatt takes about 10 mins to answer one question and half the time answers a whole other question in the process :)

I have noticed that before :( He does go on abit at times. I don't think I've actually seen an interview with Taylor, apart from a small bit on Sky Movies. I need to explore Youtube more.

I think I will just stick to the underdog and say...Team Emmett :)

Seriously, watch some Lautner interviews. It's impossible not to love the guy. Kristen doesn't interview well - she's twitchy and looks stoned even when she isn't, Rob also looks like a stoner. Taylor is waaaay more grounded and articulate. Love Love Love him.

Kellan with blond hair is straaaange :) And so is Ashley with her long hair.

Kristen is very awkward in interviews. Like you say, she's really twitchy and does look like there's something amiss. It's the same at the photo shoots you see. She always looks really shaky and nervous.

I think Ashley looks so much younger with long hair, I think it suits her more. And to be honest, I don't really look at Kellan's hair :):(

Changing the subject totally - you know what would be so awesome?

Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner getting together.

I don't know why, I just like them both and RPatt does little/nothing for me.

She has a boyfriend though, doesn't she?

She was with another actor, they had been dating for 4 years, they met on a film called Speak (which is actually very sad, as is the book), but she dumped him half way though shooting Twilight, and there are lots of rumours that she and RPattz are dating in real life, but they're both playing coy about it so no one knows for sure. I agree though, Kristen and Taylor would make a cute couple, but Taylor is dating Taylor Swift the country singer, so I can't see it happening.

I know, Dimitra, but it just has some sort of weird hold on me where I just can't get enough! :) I still had a good time, even after the 4th viewing. I'm one to see movies multiple times though, so it's not an odd thing for me to do this.

But yes, as to other movies, my heart aches to see them! I still need to see A Serious Man, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Men Who Stare and Goats, and Up in the Air. Man look at all those! I need help :(.

As far as NM goes though, I did finally notice the detail of the missing photographs last night. Each time

the camera spirals around Bella during the Oct/Nov/Dec montage, a random snapshot she has stuck on the wall of she and Ed or she and the rest of the Cullens disappears and it just adds to the bleakness of the scene. Small but nice touch.

I also didn't notice anyone laughing

during the part of Alice's vision of Bella after she's changed

this time around. I read someone say that they thought this was Weitz trying to be campy, but it seems an awfully serious scene to do that. Who knows! Wish I could ask him in person...

I noticed the picture thing too, it's a nice touch, but apparantly you can see the camera man in a mirror as the camera's turning around, which I never noticed before

No way, Lexie, really?! I never even noticed that, but man, that's a rookie mistake, Chris! :( Hmm, now I'll just have to go see it again so I can spot the cameraman :).

Glad you liked it, Julia! Did you have any fave parts or stuff you didn't really go for?

Okay I feel the need to talk a little about my favourite scenes.

Scene 1: Carlisle and Bella after the party.

I don't think I've ever heard ANYONE mention this scene, and it's the perfect example of why I love Carlisle. We never got to hear his story, which is a fascinating one, in the movies. In this simple, incredibly tender scene we see not only Bella's complete lack of prejudice which is one of her few virtues, but we also see a frailer side to the peacemaker - Carlisle. You hear all about Jasper struggling with his diet and Edward worrying about Bella becoming a monster - without considering the rammifications of a bad vamp doing good things. And you get that mixed in with the pure, humble goodness that defines Carlisle's undefinable nature in one sentence - 'I knew what I wanted to do - help people. It makes me happy, even if I am damned regardless.' And Bella's response touches on the one thing that could have added serious depth to the saga had Stephanie had a brain - 'You couldn't be damned Carlisle, it's impossible.' The grey area between good and evil, never to be mentioned again. I thought this scene was absolutely FABULOUS.

Scene 2 - Bella takes the bikes to Jacob

You need to have read the books to realise it, but this scene actually sums up a LOT in a few sentences.

Firstly, you've got the immediate connection between Jake and Bella, which is more than Edward and Bella achieved in either the first book OR movie. You can immediately see the implicit comapibility which becomes the emotional crux of book three (and movie three!)

Secondly, you've got the fact that Bella is only using Jacob in order to see Edward, and that for me is heart-wrenching. The realisation of that was never so strong for me as in that first scene when Jacob says, 'Ah, me, being the mechanic type friend' (who she has apparently only come to for help doing something she wants).

Theres two or three layers built up in that one scene, and it's simultaneously sweet to see them starting out and bittersweet because you know it will end, as well as supporting the paradox that if she hadn't been a b*tch and used Jake in order to see Edward, she never would have fallen in love with him and created the triangle when Edward comes back.

Well, I don't really have fave parts, for that I have to watch it again :) But I think I will wait for the DVD. (And actually, I don't want to watch it in German again, I want to watch the original version!)

But I mus say, I wasn't sure what to expect from the film. Book two is really sad and depressing, and, well, I so totally loved Edward in film 1. And well, Edwards part isn't big in New Moon so I didn't know what to expect. But I must say, Jacob was fantastic! (The only thing I didn't like about Jacob was his short hair.)

The sad emotions, the whole atmosphere, the film is really like the book! I totally liked it!