The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to listening to the DVD too, Kimmy! And yeah, it's going to be a long wait to June if we're already waiting for Eclipse! :)

This is your first stop after you see it, okay Stephanie?! We need to squee together! :D

Kell, how come you won't see it for weeks and weeks? Any way you can squeeze in a viewing before then?

Wait for it on DVD?? Silly, silly, Charm! :D I think that if you go to a daytime show when you know the screaming tweens are in school that you should be safe. Plus, if you go see it then you can add your thoughts to our collective squee-ings!

The DVD? dear lord girl, get to those movies!, we need the Charm's thoughts on the movie :exc:

You should go to the cinema to see it! I missed Twilight at the cinema due to other commitments, and although I love it on DVD, I regret not being able to have found the time to have experienced it on the big screen, especially after seeing New Moon last week. I went on the first day to a lunchtime screening of New Moon, and although the cinema was nearly full, there were no screaming fangirls (there were teenagers in there, so it wasn't just that they were at school, even if they should have been), and am really glad I made the effort. In fact, I'm probably going to try and go again this Friday afternoon as well, to maximise my big screen viewings of it before it comes out on DVD.

ETA: Meant to say as well, if you go to see it at the cinema, and it is filled with screaming girls, you will still be able to enjoy it when it comes out on DVD, however, if you wait for the DVD, you'll never be able to go back and see it on the big screen as it was meant to be viewed. Isn't there a famous saying about regret the things you did, not the things you didn't do?

Ok ok! You talked me into it! :( A very compelling argument there Chesilbeach :D I will definately make the effort to get to see it in the cinema. Kookie is there as I type, with her friend who is going for the second time :), so I'm sure I'll hear all about it when she gets home.

As I was dropping them off at the cinema, her friend started getting all excited saying, 'I'm getting butterflies again, and I've already seen it!' ..*giggles all round* ... to which I replied 'He's not real girls.' .. well .. the both of them rounded on me at the same time, admonishing in unison 'ROB PATTINSON IS REAL!!' ... dear lord, I've created a monster! :D

Kell, how come you won't see it for weeks and weeks? Any way you can squeeze in a viewing before then?

It's a time/money issue (my hubby would easily babysit whilst I wsent to see it though). I'll just wait a little while and see it without the hoards of screaming tweenies - LOL!

Yay for getting all girly, giggly and butterflies-filled! As soon as you see it Kell, Charm and Noll, you come right here and share, okay?! :D Can't wait to discuss! Although try to be kind, even if you don't really like it :D.

I'm putting spoilers around what I'm about to type just because I don't want to give any little bit away. Sorry if these big gray blobs are annoying...

So I'm so completely lame that I downloaded the Quileute font to my computer. I typed out 'I love you' and got this:

I love you

Then I typed out 'stay with me forever' and got this:

Stay with me forever

Is it odd that those first two words look the same in English that they do Quileute?! :) Oh man I've really lost it, haven't I... Well now I can't remember what exactly Jacob says to Bella anyway, but what do you guys think?

I finally saw this yesterday.

Loved it. Thought it was a massive improvement on the original film, and I think it did the book great justice really.

Not sure how I feel about the

love triangle bit

at the end, I think it was brilliantly done, but that's essentially what happens at the end of Eclipse too, so while in this case

it was a case of friendships, loyalties and potential future loves

, and next time it's a case

of chosing between two loves, it'll be essentially the same scene

. Good luck to them with that.

I'm now pretty much Team Jacob. I hated him in the book, and hated that book most because of him, but I think Lautner's acting kicks Pattinson's ass, and I think there is zero chemistry betweeen Patt and Stewart, while there's bucketloads between Lautner and Stewart.

That bit in the cinema where Jacob says, 'what, I can't hold your hand?'

that whole exchange I felt was incredibly authentic. I mean, I've been in that situation with guys before and never has watching a movie resonated so well with my own experience

of having to say no to someone.

I really honest to God felt for Jake for the whole movie, and

when Bella went after Eddy

it just felt so forced.

I'm going to re-read the book now, but I suspect I will end up being Team Jacob.

Like you, Nollaig, I definitely like film Jacob more than book Jacob, especially in New Moon, but I'm still a team Edward girl!

I'm going to see it again tomorrow afternoon. I've almost completely forgotten the film already and I only saw it a week ago - I think I was too excited about seeing it on the first day, and I didn't take it all in, so I'm going to really try and pay more attention this time!

I'm going to see it again tomorrow afternoon. I've almost completely forgotten the film already and I only saw it a week ago - I think I was too excited about seeing it on the first day, and I didn't take it all in, so I'm going to really try and pay more attention this time!

Let us know what you think of it the second time around, Chesil. I felt the same way too though, I was so excited after waiting to see it forever that I missed things the first viewing. When I went back I tried to pay more attention, especially to where the songs from the soundtrack were placed.

I hope you get to see it again, Noll! It's pricey here too - at night it's $9, ugh. I'm making myself only see it at matinees from now on.