The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

Hi fellow fans!!!! Well NM was fab!!!!!!!! I had to stop myself from going back in, I am going to see again this week!!!

No brainers at the cinema ~

A man wandered around for 10 minutes looking for a seat

A woman brought her baby with her who started to cry halfway through the movie

A few teenagers had a bit of a scream!

Someone crunched very loudly on their popcorn

My sister loves Jacob!

All in all, an ace movie!!!!! Chris Weitz rules :D x

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi fellow fans!!!! Well NM was fab!!!!!!!! I had to stop myself from going back in, I am going to see again this week!!!

No brainers at the cinema ~

A man wandered around for 10 minutes looking for a seat

A woman brought her baby with her who started to cry halfway through the movie

A few teenagers had a bit of a scream!

Someone crunched very loudly on their popcorn

My sister loves Jacob!

All in all, an ace movie!!!!! Chris Weitz rules :guess: x

Yay! Glad you loved it too :D

I had someone chamming their popcorn really loudly behind me as well, and then the same persons mobile phone went off as well :D

No screaming, but a loud sigh from entire female contingent of the audience when Edward takes his shirt off :D

Woohoo glad you liked it, Weave! Excellent photo too!! You look lovely together :D. I'll have to take a pic of my lovely commemorative NM giant cup and Edward chocolates!

I had a chuckle at a few tee shirts that read 'What if I'm not the hero?' on the front and 'What if I'm the bad guy?' on the back. There were too many Jacob fans in the theatre for my liking since every. single. time. he came on screen they swooned. I yelled 'yuck!' at one point :D. I know, very mature. There were just as many Edward fans though, and can I just say I would happily be on Team Charlie's b-squad?! He was hilarious! :D

Woohoo glad you liked it, Weave! Excellent photo too!! You look lovely together :D. I'll have to take a pic of my lovely commemorative NM giant cup and Edward chocolates!

I had a chuckle at a few tee shirts that read 'What if I'm not the hero?' on the front and 'What if I'm the bad guy?' on the back. There were too many Jacob fans in the theatre for my liking since every. single. time. he came on screen they swooned. I yelled 'yuck!' at one point :D. I know, very mature. There were just as many Edward fans though, and can I just say I would happily be on Team Charlie's b-squad?! He was hilarious! :D

Yeah we had Jacob fans squealing away :D (Including my sister) :guess:

There were just as many Edward fans though, and can I just say I would happily be on Team Charlie's b-squad?! He was hilarious! :D

I love Charlie too! I'll happily be on the Team Charlie b-squad.

Is it bad that I'm already desperate to see Eclipse now? :D And, that I'm thinking about the day I'll be able to have a four film DVD marathon followed by a four film DVD commentary marathon?

Even if I don't find time to see it again this weekend, I think I might have to have another re-read of the books, as watching just the first two films feels a bit like putting a book down halfway through!

My sister just started reading 'Twilight', and she asked me if I had a bookmark with Jacob on it, why would I???? I am ordering one from play.com for her :D

Is it bad that I'm already desperate to see Eclipse now? :D And, that I'm thinking about the day I'll be able to have a four film DVD marathon followed by a four film DVD commentary marathon?

No of course it's not bad! I mean the way the ended NM it makes you want to see Eclipse like, yesterday! :D But hopefully the next 6 months will zoom by. I'm there with you on the DVD marathon and commentary, Chesilbeach! :D

Hilarious Weave, 'why would I?!' I love it!

Yay Kimmy, can't wait for you to see it!

Okay, so even though I own all the books I've just downloaded all the audiobooks using a gift certificate :D:guess: Trying to talk my mum into coming to the pictures with me next week to see it again (I know! I haven't seen it once yet :D but a girl has to plan these things! ) and she said no :D

25 hours to go for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Charlie too! I'll happily be on the Team Charlie b-squad.

Even if I don't find time to see it again this weekend, I think I might have to have another re-read of the books, as watching just the first two films feels a bit like putting a book down halfway through!

I love Charlie and his b~squad :D and roll on 'Eclipse' :D

I found the trailer for Remember Me on MySpace last night - I want to see it but I really don't like Emilie de Ravin, she was the one thing that ruined Lost for me...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH thanks for mentioning she was in Lost, all day long I was trying to remember where have I seen her in! And to think I've seen the first 2 seasons...:D

The trailer looks really good, I'll probably watch it.:D

Back on NM, it's hilarious a friend called in the evening, saying "We're watching NM tonight" and I was like "Yeah sure, if there were only tickets" and she tells me "I called and I've been told there are plenty." And then she calls back after 5 seconds and says "I called again, and they've all been booked! I don't understand, I just called two hours ago!" :D

I saw it last night - yippee!!

A couple of things that very nearly ruined it for me:

1. I had to queue outside of the door to the cinema in the freezing cold despite the fact that I had pre-booked and got there over an hour early.

2. The girl sat next to me eating some stinky and noisy snacks.

3. People trying to queue jump with their mother saying it was okay! tsk

3. The other girl behind me kicking my seat.

4. My b/f asking stupid questions like why are the out in the sunlight, why can Carlise stand the smell of blood, why isn't Victoria scary, why does the one with the scary hair want to kill Bella, why does Bella never smile (the lists goes on.....)

Anyhow, down to business. I really enjoyed it. However, if I had not read the books, I don't think that I would have liked it half as much. There were a few really cringeworthy moments where the whole cinema started laughing which wasn't the intention.

On the plus side, Charlie was awesome and I found myself liking Jake a lot more.

Also, anyone else think that the guy who plays Mike has really changed since Twilight??

Great photo Paula :D

I really enjoyed it. I too had to queue up even though I had pre-booked my tickets :D one was suitable unimpressed! It was the teenage girls that ruined it for me - they cheered before the film played :D I was shocked by the number of avid fans there that hadn't read the books. There was a gasp at the end when

Edward said "Marry me." (for the record, I would have said yes! hehe!)

I was shocked - were people really surprised? How could they not have read the books? I too cannot wait for Eclipse either - when is it out? LOL!

I was pleased with everything they put in too - even things like Sam's girlfriend, who aren't that important. Of course, too much Jacob time, not even Edward time *sigh* I found myself laughing in many places too - I loved Aro, I found him hilarious!

I really enjoyed it, and want to see it again!

why does Bella never smile

Gotta admit, I wonder about that one too! She has not one, but TWO guys who are crazy about her, one of whom she's madly in love with, so why isn't she smiling???:D I find her rather po-faced to be honest.

Decidedly more Team Edward peeps in the crowd too which was fine by me, and even a couple big cheers for Charlie :D.

I can't STAND cheering in cinemas! What's the point? It's not like when you go to the theatre and you show your appreciation for actors who can actually hear you. I've just never understood it and HATE when I'm in the cinema and everyone starts cheering, especially if it's after the film has started - it kind of ruins things fo rme. This is probably the main reason I don't often go to the cinema and prefer to watch things in my own home - I don't have to contend with other viewers!

Incidentally, I can't stand when someone asks me questions during a film. I can understand if my friend has nipped to the loo and missed a bit - I'll very quietly catch them up, but other than that, I've been watching the film exactly the same length of time as you, so don't ask me questions about it (especially if it's not of a book I've read, so I don't know what's going to happen either!) - you can see for yourself!

My sister just started reading 'Twilight', and she asked me if I had a bookmark with Jacob on it, why would I????

See, I'm the other way round - I don't see what anyone sees in Edward - he's sullen and Jake is vibrant, warm, and WAY more gorgeous! Actually, I'd love to rename The Cullens as The Sullens - LOL!

I get easily annoyed if people don't stop talking as soon as the theatre goes dark. Even if it's just for the trailers, I keep wanting to say to people 'shut up and pay attention!' :D For some reason I don't mind cheering and reaction to things though. I think it just makes the whole experience more fun for me.

One thing I did notice was at the part where

Aro holds Alice's hand to see if she plans on changing Bella. The scene shows Bella and Edward running in what looks to be period clothing and Bella's eye's are like theirs.

Both times I've seen the film the crowd laughed at this part, which I don't think was the intention! Do you guys remember the fan reaction? It stuck out in my mind because I thought this was one of the cheesy parts and my first reaction was to laugh too. And weren't photos of this scene leaked and we were told this was one of Bella's dream sequences?

Anyway, there were many funny lines in this one which is one of the main things I loved. You can see Chris Weitz's sense of humor in all of it too. Aro was hilarious, as were Bella's school friends and even Harry Clearwater! I love Charlie saying he was a 'ladies man' too or something to that effect :D.

Jacob's character was tolerable, I just don't see the hype because big muscle-y types never did it for me and I just don't find that bulky look attractive. I'm big on brooding I guess :D.

On the plus side, Charlie was awesome and I found myself liking Jake a lot more.

Also, anyone else think that the guy who plays Mike has really changed since Twilight??

Me too :D And yes he really has, I think he's gained weight which has made his face look quite different

One thing I did notice was at the part where

Aro holds Alice's hand to see if she plans on changing Bella. The scene shows Bella and Edward running in what looks to be period clothing and Bella's eye's are like theirs.

Both times I've seen the film the crowd laughed at this part, which I don't think was the intention! Do you guys remember the fan reaction? It stuck out in my mind because I thought this was one of the cheesy parts and my first reaction was to laugh too. And weren't photos of this scene leaked and we were told this was one of Bella's dream sequences?

Anyway, there were many funny lines in this one which is one of the main things I loved. You can see Chris Weitz's sense of humor in all of it too. Aro was hilarious, as were Bella's school friends and even Harry Clearwater! I love Charlie saying he was a 'ladies man' too or something to that effect :D.

I think we got laughing then too, it did look so cheesy :D I loved that line of Charlie's, I loved the jokes Charlie kept cracking, so funny :guess:

So moment of truth! Did any of you cry? What was the saddest bit for you? For me it was

the passing of the months, I thought that was done really well and I felt really sad for Bella, but also when Harry had the heart attack and Charlie was cradling him, but I didn't cry :D

And any particular favourite bits?

I really liked the passing of the months as I just mentioned, also I really liked the bit where she's drowning and she sees upside down Edward, and also the end, where she tells Jake she loves him but it'll always be Edward, and then he proposes! woo :D

Most people laughed at the bit where

Alice shows Aro the future. It looked really cheesy with them both leaping through the woods. It made me feel a little uncomfortable to tell the truth!!

There was also laughter when

Jake jumped through Bella's window and she touched his washboard abs for no particular reason :D. Jake also takes his shirt off to stop the blood on Bella's head when she falls off the motorbike.

The part where

Edward and Bella are kissing at the beginning by her truck on her birthday attracted a few chuckles becuase of the grunting

:D

I didn't really like the way that they

showed the seasons changing. I thought that they kind of took the easy way out of that one:roll:

I did like Charlie and all of his one liners. Also,

the wolves came accross as suitiably imposing

They really forced the

love triangle and Bella came accross as really leading him on with all of the almost kissing scenes

I think Melissa Rosenberg wanted to make Jacob more likable in the films, because he is not that nice in the books, yes, him and Bella are pretty conflicted all round but in the book I always thought Bella was clear about a lot of things, I prefer Jacob in the film :D

The cheesy in the future part was a bit off~putting because, Alice sees that in the future, seriously is that what they are going to be wearing?, unless it represents what if Bella had always been a vampire with Edward, I know that makes no sense or the fact that they are always going to be together and some fashion becomes fashionable again, which is a long chalk of a thought people :D

I did like the reunion scene, Edward's face when he realised he was not dreaming.

I like Michael Sheen as Aro but I am really biased because I like Michael Sheen as an actor but he was very like Aro.

Alec's scene, blink and you are going to miss it :guess:

Ps ~ My sister is almost finished 'Twilight' :D

Edited by Weave