What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about 100 pages in to Steve Toltz' A Fraction of the Whole and am loving it - it is hilarious in places and for once I am glad it is such a large book, as the more I read the funnier it gets.

I am about 100 pages in to Steve Toltz' A Fraction of the Whole and am loving it - it is hilarious in places and for once I am glad it is such a large book, as the more I read the funnier it gets.

I would love to hear your thoughts when you are finished. I have this one on my bookshelf. :welcome2:

Just finished 'Heavenly' by Jennifer Laurens, and now back to Untamed (House of Night) by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast:welcome2:

I FINALLY finished Lipstick and Loopholes in Tehran by Nahal Tajadod yesterday evening... It was such a short and easy to read book and yet it took me ages. And left me very dispointed. Oh well.

Good news is that left me free to start Second Class citizen by Buchi Emecheta, which I've already more than half read and am loving! Mojo's tickled :welcome2:

I read this a few years ago, Kylie, and I thought it was excellent, but I've never known anyone else who's read it, so I'll be interested to see what you think.

I've heard a few great reviews of Euclayptus and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it! I'll let you know my final thoughts when I get around to it. :)

I got my partner to pick out an Edgar Allan Poe short story for me to read on Halloween but I never got around to it. When I was lamenting this the next day, he picked up the book himself and started reading me the story. It was so sweet. :welcome2: I read a little to him, but he mostly read it to me. The story was The System of Dr Tarr and Prof Fether and we both enjoyed it.

I finished Janet Evanovich's Three to Get Deadly yesterday and have now started Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk.

I'm getting well into Stolen, and still loving it. I'm hoping to read some tonight but not sure since it's been a long day.

Lexie, be sure to post your thoughts on Lost Book of Salem! I'm excited to hear :welcome2:.

I'm getting well into Stolen, and still loving it. I'm hoping to read some tonight but not sure since it's been a long day.

So pleased you're enjoying this peacefield. If you like this one then your in for a real treat with the rest of the books :)

I have read exactly five pages today, that's it, five. :welcome2:

Thanks to The Book People and Amazon I have just spent lots of money I don't have, mostly (but not exclusively), on the first wave of Christmas presents:

- Foyle's Philavery, Further Foyle's Philavery & My Foyle's Philavery x 2 (one set is for me, the other for one of my Liverpool Uni friends who's coming down to London to visit at the weekend)

- Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny (12-book set, for my big sister)

- Where the Wild Things Are (so that OH may relive his childhood)

- This lovely edition of Jane Eyre (for the Comparative Lit thread)

All really cheap and bargainful but when you chuck in a couple of DVDS and Express Deliveries, you've somehow spent over

- Where the Wild Things Are (so that OH may relive his childhood)

Aw, that's lovely. I gave my OH a book from a childhood series of his yesterday, signed by the author and all. I've already given him the first two but the fourth will be harder to track down. :)

I'm over 30 pages into Fight Club and am enjoying it so far. I kind of wish I hadn't watched the movie first, though because everything is making too much sense to me, if you know what I mean. :welcome2:

I'm over 30 pages into Fight Club and am enjoying it so far. I kind of wish I hadn't watched the movie first, though because everything is making too much sense to me, if you know what I mean. :welcome2:

I do know what you mean Kylie, I was the same reading it :)

Glad I'm not the only one, Gyre. :welcome2:

Three more books in the mail today:

Janet Evanovich: Plum Lovin'

Robert Frost: The Poetry of Robert Frost

Dr Manny Noakes: THe CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet

I'm reading Anna Godbersen's The Luxe, and blame Beth for this episode fo fluff. I don't like it really that much and I think the writing is bad and the story lacks realism, but I guess for fluff it's okay. I am on page 277 after all! *laughs* This series has turned into a guilty pleasure. I despise myself for reading it, as I can clearly see it's not a well-written book, but I read it nontheless.

I'm torn over this, as you can see. *cracks up*

Catwoman, what are you thinking of Eclipse?

Katrina, that's so interesting about your Native American heritage! Do you know from what tribe? I know some about the Plains Indians, but I'm not even sure which kind were from Virginia. Oh, and did you ever read your ARC of 'The Swan Thieves?' I am waiting anxiously for it's official release in January :welcome2:.

Good work on getting through the Koontz, BookJumper! Are you liking it? I remember reading an oldie of his called 'Lightning' way back in high school, and I read the first Odd Thomas book but that's been the extent of it.

I finished Curious Incident a few days ago and am now deciding what to read next. I may hit one more 1/2 Price Books this weekend to see if I can find the next Armstrong book, otherwise I may start the 3rd Sookie book or perhaps my first ever Anne Rice. Hmmm...

I have no had much time to read it, even though housework and paid work is all done, and I do need to calm down so I might get a couple houurs in now.

I am 200 pages in, and it is Ok. I really don't like Jacob, at all. I get bored by the Warewolf part of the book. I have just finished the part where Bella's with the wolves and they talking about their history and where they come from, it took my ages to get through that part, I was really bored, I had no care about the history behind the wolves. Apart from that some funny one liners.

Peacefield, great trip to the charityshops then, aye? :eek:

I just finished Karin Slaughter's Kisscut, it was another amazing Grant County novel and yet a really upsetting read. Sometimes I wonder if Slaughter's childhood/past has been an unhappy one, it's really hard for me to think that someone who's only 10 years older than me could have written these kinds of books and come from a perfectly normal and happy background. Just my thoughts though.

I'm probably going to start Grant County #3, A Faint Cold Fear, tonight. I'm beginning to be in the mood for something completely different from these crime novels that I've been reading, but I cannot just not pick up the next Slaughter book when it's so readily available on my bookshelf!

It is hard to not read an entire series of they are that good. I was like that with the last 3 of her books, as I took a break from her for a while.

I finished 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' over the weekend. Loved it and immediately went out and procured 'The GIrl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest'. Read the first chapter last night.

Glad this was good. I keepmeaning to read it, I just have so many books to go back to my library first. :)

Recieved and Email saying that some books I reserved at my library are waiting for me.

Guilty Pleasures - Laurell.K. Hamilton

Witch Wizard - James Patterson

In the Blood - Jack Kerley

Betten - kelley Armstrong.

Finally finished the Jodi Picoult book about to start The Other Queen - Philippa Gregory :welcome2:

I really want to read that - might see if I can reserve it from the library!

My aim today is to finish Erica James' It's The Little Things which I have been enjoying :)

I know what you mean about Jacob in Eclipse, Catwoman, I felt exactly the same way! Not my fave character, to put it mildly, but I did still enjoy the other parts of that book :welcome2:.

Glad to see you'll be reading the Armstrong, too! I just finished that one not long ago and loved it. Now I'm reading her second one in the series and it's just as good.

I know what you mean about Jacob in Eclipse, Catwoman, I felt exactly the same way! Not my fave character, to put it mildly, but I did still enjoy the other parts of that book :welcome2:.

Glad to see you'll be reading the Armstrong, too! I just finished that one not long ago and loved it. Now I'm reading her second one in the series and it's just as good.

Yeah I am struggling to read it to be honest even though that could be because of the stuff going on in my life at present.

Started Frankie Boyle's autobiography today, very rude but very funny.

This is on my wishlist for Christmas - I love him!

I'm still reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer at the minute - this one takes some getting through. :welcome2:

This is on my wishlist for Christmas - I love him!

I'm still reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer at the minute - this one takes some getting through. :welcome2:

SNAP!!! I am the same with Eclipse. I just can't seem to hold my concentration.

I really want to finish it and move on. That does not bode well.