First record you ever owned!

SueB

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Son: "But ....what are they for?"

Me: "Oh my God! That's right, you've never even seen one of these before!" :lol:

It was the first time I realized that there truly is a whole generation between myself and my kids. :D

I love this story. Although records are great I do remember my mum always instructing us to 'dance carefully' so as not to make the needle jump - lol!

When I was 8 I begged and begged my parents to buy me Blondie's Call Me on tape. It's still one of my favourite songs and band today :blush:

Ooo real nostalga trip for me there - I love Blondie too and their songs remind me of my school days/early teens.

This is my transparent Record: transparent.jpg

Some of you must have cool picture disks etc from back in the day, lets see them! :lol:

No picture discs, sadly, but I have a couple of really pretty blue vinyl records by The Police. :) (Rather a sad admission but I also have an import of their imaginatively titled 'De do do do de da da da' where one side is sung in Japanese and the other side in Spanish! :) ).

I vaguely remember my brothers had quite a lot of coloured vinyl, but I can't remember who the groups were. One of them could have been The Police, I think.

I was bought The Monkees album for my 9th birthday. I had a huge crush on David Jones, then I grew taller than him and it was all over. I dropped him for Donny Osmond:blush:
:lol: That made me laugh out loud, thank you.

I was bought The Monkees album for my 9th birthday. I had a huge crush on David Jones, then I grew taller than him and it was all over. I dropped him for Donny Osmond:blush:

Lol :lol:

I got The Monkees album as a birthday present as well, can`t remember how old I was though. Davy Jones was my heart throb to at the time.

The first record I bought myself was, Albatross by Fleetwood Mac, I still love it. :)

Some of you must have cool picture disks etc from back in the day, lets see them! :lol:

This is a vague memory, so some of the details may not be correct, and I don't have them any more, but I did have some neon coloured plastic records that I think were given away with Smash Hits(?) at one point. I had a green one and a red one, but have no idea what songs they were!

The first album I ever bought (with my own pocket money) was a 1970's compilation of songs from children's television - it had the theme from the Rupert The Bear television show (where they sing the characters name wrongly). It also had a funky pop version of the Star Trek theme. The second album - or joint first, as I bought them together - was the Godiego soundtrack to the television series Monkey on the BBC record label.

Some of you must have cool picture disks etc from back in the day, lets see them! :D

Very nice!!!

I don't have many from back in the day so to speak. But I collect vinyls and have many strange and wonderful ones. Including, bright Green, clear, White marble. Oh I love vinyls! :) The japanese make so many pretty ones! :D

As embarrassing as it is, I must say I think my first ever vinyl record was Sabrina's Sabrina from 1987. The album was really great but I was pretty dumbfounded by the album cover. Those were some big knockers, I was mesmerized!

I guess I should be ashamed to say that I bought the CD reissue a couple of years back. Her video certainly left an impression when I first saw it...

The first one I ever bought for myself was The Joshua Tree by U2, but I would say that the 1st one I ever owned was some K-tel compilation with loads of 80's music on it, like 8765309 Jenny & Abracadabra by the Steve Miller Band. Great album - my parents still have all our old albums.