Harry Potter Book 7 - Release date 21 July 2007

I honestly think that harry will not kill voldemort, i think someone like snape will kill him. Harry, being the hero will realise that by killing voldemort he will make him as bad as the dark lord.

I'm expecting voldemort to be at harrys mercy [a long dialogue lulling him into lowering his guard] then attack when his back is turned only then to be killed by a character you least expect.

I'm guessing snape, or a character returning frm the dead...maybe.

funny that.....loads of people at work refuse to believe that either Dumbledore or Sirius is dead, plus one PNE fan and mother of three still thinks Elvis is alive :blush:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At an interview in NY, JK confirmed 100% that Dumbledore is indeed dead. But, I think that he might still make some sort of appearance or presense. Maybe something like how Obi-Wan appeared to Luke. Or, maybe even just in a letter or something that he left before for Harry. One of those, If you are reading this than I am probably dead, type of deals. (Am I pushing it here :blush: )

One thing that I think will happen is that Snape will die. I honestly can not see how he will live throughout the last book, regardless of which side he really is one. Makes me sad to think about though...

There is a portrait of Dumbledore in the head's office - if other portraits can speak and change locations surely he can - send a message to Harry that way?

I think Snape will turn out to be a goodie. He is a legillimens or whatever the word is, and I think Dumbledore probably told him mentally to kill him. He also stopped the others killing Harry a couple of times at the end of the last book.

Still would like Percy to go though...

• 4 weeks later...

Just posting to say that it has been announced that the title of Book 7 will be: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Kind of a strange title... My betting is that the Deathly Hallows is a special time that Voldemort can use to strengthen his powers. Or something!

Just posting to say that it has been announced that the title of Book 7 will be: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Kind of a strange title... My betting is that the Deathly Hallows is a special time that Voldemort can use to strengthen his powers. Or something!

Or where a horcrux is

I wonder if Deathly Hallows is a place? I have read that JKR has mentioned Harry leaves Hogwarts without finishing his course - maybe this is where he ends up?

I thought the Deathly Hallows sounded like a place. I bet it is the place where Harry has his final showdown with Voldemort - which is inevitable. I can only imagine the final defeat of Voldemort being a confrontation with him ending with some sort of 'duel' between the two of them.

Is my memroy failing me, or is The Hallows where the Weezleys live? If I'm wrong, I don't know where I got that idea, but it's jumped into my head for some reason. If it is, could Percy (that most weasely of Weezleys) have something to do with it? After all, he's working for the Ministry of Magic & isn't Harry's biggest fan...

Is my memroy failing me, or is The Hallows where the Weezleys live? If I'm wrong, I don't know where I got that idea, but it's jumped into my head for some reason. If it is, could Percy (that most weasely of Weezleys) have something to do with it? After all, he's working for the Ministry of Magic & isn't Harry's biggest fan...

The Weasley's live at The Burrow. Well, at least that is what I think it is. The Potters lived at Godric Hollow, maybe that is what you are thinking of?

The Weasley's live at The Burrow. Well, at least that is what I think it is. The Potters lived at Godric Hollow, maybe that is what you are thinking of?

Aha! That's it! I knew there was something similar! (Shows my memory to be more & more seive-like every day too!).

• 1 month later...

I work in Tesco, but we aren't allowed to put stuff back to pay for later - gah!

I'm more bothered about starting it - I'll be champing at the bit! I bought the last one first thing in the morning and sat in a deckchair all day reading!

I'm sure my husband will go and get a copy for me - he always reads them after me anyway. :friends0:

Gah, it's all right for you lot... Think how long those of us who only watch the films have got to wait! :D:)

(Actually, I'm fairly new to the films too, so I'll probably get around to reading all the HPs one day :) Although not in one day, I imagine...)

i think the books are even better!!

d'you know, there's not going to be any quidditch in the next film!! grrr!!