In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He must have heard some good secrets and stuff though. A doctor and nurse maybe messing about in his room thinking they were safe. He could probably blackmail alot of people.

strangely, that was the second thought in my head when I read of this.

strangely, that was the second thought in my head when I read of this.

My second thought was close... Imagine what he might have heard his relatives/ friends say while they thought he was out of reach?!

I find this story very strange though. I've seen it in several newspapers so I have no doubt it's true, but how on earth can someone stay sane through 23 years of complete paralysis and lack of communication... and come out of it lucid? Surely you'd go mad or loose faculties from the lack of stimulation?

My Mum went grey in her late thirties, having had a Morticia style dash of white for many years. I avoided the 'dash in the hair' and went straight to salt 'n' pepper look.

I stopped colouring my hair some time ago - life is just too short for me to want to fret about my roots! Hell, I'm 42 and my hubby loves me. I don't need to dye it to be loved! :D

And me. I'm nearly 21 (ok just over the age) and I'm always asked for it. I bought Devils Advocate the other week and she asked me if I was over 18 :D

Me and my mum were in Tesco a few months ago and she got asked for ID. The woman said she thought we were just friends and not mother and daughte. That made her day!

Edited by Stephanie2008

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8411329.stm

Look Younger Live Longer

This is good news, i'm always getting asked for ID even though i'm 25:mrgreen:

Excellent.

I think I look a lot younger than 23. I too get ID'd all the time; I used to hate it but I am beginning to feel my youth slipping away (time goes so quickly!) so now I'm clinging onto my youthful look with both hands :(

I even got asked for ID when doing the lottery a little while ago :D:lol:

I've been told I do. It's funny though, from being about 14 or 15 I looked OLDER, but I looked the same age till I hit 25 and then my aging seemed to slow down. Last year when I said to a colleague that I'd been with my hubby for 8 years (which I had at the time - we'd just passed out 8th anniversary at that point), she said, "Oh, you were high school sweethearts? How lovely!" I then had to tell her we didn't meet till I was 20 and we didn't get together till I was 22 - she thought I was 26! I was well chuffed!

Not long before that another colleague (a very cute male one) thought I was the same age as him - he'd just turned 24 at the time and I was 30. THe smile never left my face all day!