In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear god!!!

Let the poor woman sing!!!

:P they should look at it as free advertising of the songs.

Are you going to have these people walking the streets at Christmas time handing out fines to Carol singers saying that they need to get a licence. Give me a break :D

Guess I'd be buying a few bridges as I'm an American and I watched in horror and dismay, praying for this little boy and his family. When this story first aired, the details of the ballonhad not yet been disclosed. All we saw was a distraught family and a silver balloon in the air. It is not something we generally we jump up and say, "oh, its a hoax". And since an object HAD fallen from the balloon, it was evident that it could have held "something". Yes and still, I'd rather be a little guilible and tenderhearted then hardened. But thats just me.

Now the family will have the Department of Social Services come in and question the children and they may be removed from the home because of a need to be in front of the camera for 15 minutes of fame. Add to THAT, we the citizens will be paying for this stunt for a few years.

I was the same Katrina, I was shocked when I heard it on the news initially, all I could think was 'that poor wee boy and family', I am very gullible at times and I believed this story, I feel so bad for everyone involved that it has turned out to be a hoax.

"…"We have asked that children do not bring cakes and sweets into class on their birthdays because not every child is able to do so and we like to be fair to everyone.…"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/howaboutthat/6406373/School-bans-birthday-cakes.html

I find it quite sad how much of a petty nanny state this is becoming...

I can understand what they're trying to do but surely, from that quote you put their Ghost, it would be a good thing then for children to bring things in so all children can share them. When it was a birthday in our school, we never brought any cakes in anyway. We just used to sing to the person, or let them go first for their break :P

I'm just going to pretend I never saw the photo at the bottom of him pretending to...rip...up...the...book :P

He's....he's.....huuuurrting the book! :D

I reckon he should either change his name, or embrace it. It seems silly getting all work up about it.

Dear god!!!

Let the poor woman sing!!!

:P they should look at it as free advertising of the songs.

Are you going to have these people walking the streets at Christmas time handing out fines to Carol singers saying that they need to get a licence. Give me a break :D

Actually, the Christmas carol singers do have to get a license! They have to purchase it from their local council!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

Labour wanted mass immigration to make UK more multicultural, says former adviser

Labour threw open Britain's borders to mass immigration to help socially engineer a "truly multicultural" country, a former Government adviser has revealed.

By Tom Whitehead, Home Affairs Editor

Published: 6:42PM BST 23 Oct 2009

The huge increases in migrants over the last decade were partly due to a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity", according to Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.

He said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" but that ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote".

As a result, the public argument for immigration concentrated instead on the economic benefits and need for more migrants.

Critics said the revelations showed a "conspiracy" within Government to impose mass immigration for "cynical" political reasons.

Mr Neather was a speech writer who worked in Downing Street for Tony Blair and in the Home Office for Jack Straw and David Blunkett, in the early 2000s.

Writing in the Evening Standard, he revealed the "major shift" in immigration policy came after the publication of a policy paper from the Performance and Innovation Unit, a Downing Street think tank based in the Cabinet Office, in 2001.

He wrote a major speech for Barbara Roche, the then immigration minister, in 2000, which was largely based on drafts of the report.

He said the final published version of the report promoted the labour market case for immigration but unpublished versions contained additional reasons, he said.

He wrote: "Earlier drafts I saw also included a driving political purpose: that mass immigration was the way that the Government was going to make the UK truly multicultural.

"I remember coming away from some discussions with the clear sense that the policy was intended

The poor guy http://mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com/2009/10/real-life-harry-potter-reveals-why.html at least nobody will ever forget his name though :D

I had to laugh at a) the fact he's styled his hair exactly like the Harry on the book cover (he might as well go the whole hog and buy some glasses) and :D he's looking cross... but he doesn't actually look cross at all - he looks like someone trying to look cross! :D

I had to laugh at a) the fact he's styled his hair exactly like the Harry on the book cover (he might as well go the whole hog and buy some glasses) and :D he's looking cross... but he doesn't actually look cross at all - he looks like someone trying to look cross! :D

He also looks like someone who isn't strong enough to rip that book in two. :D

Why focus on just that one Harry Potter? I'm sure all the other Harry Potters get the same amount of flack, so this guy just seems like a whinger who deserves mocking because of this. If he'd just got on with things he wouldn't have looked and sounded like such a numpty! :D

<H1>German brothel offers discounts to cyclists

A Berlin brothel has come up with a novel way to offset the impact of the global economic crisis and target a new group of customers at the same time - offering a discount to patrons who arrive on bicycles.

</H1>

Published: 12:59AM BST 14 Jul 2009

"The recession has hit our industry hard," said Thomas Goetz, owner of the Maison d'envie brothel.

"Obviously we hope that the discount will attract more people," he added. "It's good for business, it's good for the environment - and it's good for the girls."

Customers who arrive on bicycle or who can prove they took public transportation get a 5-euro ($7) discount from the usual 70-euro ($100) fee for 45 minute sessions, Mr Goetz said. He said the environmentally friendly offer was working a charm.

"We have around 3-5 new customers coming in daily to take advantage of the discount," he said, adding the green rebate has helped alleviate traffic and parking congestion in the neighbourhood.

Germany is one of the few countries in the world where prostitution is legal. It has about 400,000 prostitutes who, since 2002, have been allowed to enter formal labour contracts.

Hahaha "To gain advantage of the discount customers must present their helmet at the desk". Yeah I'll bet!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5821953/German-brothel-offers-discounts-to-cyclists.html