In The News (Cont..)

Lilywhite

The tornado damage that has been shown on the news over here has just seemed almost unreal, so utterly devastating.

However jolly and uplifting the wedding coverage has been, right now in the world it is (or should be) impossible to forget the 'troubles' internationally made by both Mother Nature and by man.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if any of you might remember a little girl I was helping search for last year. Her name was Kiesha and there was a huge search for her. Last week her mother and step-father were arrested for her murder after her remains were found in some bush (not where we had searched). It's so sad. :( I can't believe they could show their faces on TV all that time, crying and complaining about how people were suspecting them, and all the time we were searching to help them they knew exactly what had happened and where she was.

I don't know if any of you might remember a little girl I was helping search for last year. Her name was Kiesha and there was a huge search for her. Last week her mother and step-father were arrested for her murder after her remains were found in some bush (not where we had searched). It's so sad. :( I can't believe they could show their faces on TV all that time, crying and complaining about how people were suspecting them, and all the time we were searching to help them they knew exactly what had happened and where she was.

I remember you searching for her Kylie, poor Kiesha, I hope her so called mother and step~father get what they deserve. I am so sorry Kylie for the sad news. :hug:

Edited by Weave

How horrible, Kylie!! That is just so sad, and like Weave said, hopefully the guilty will get punished for what they did. Wow, think of all the resources and time they wasted, putting on this act while you guys searched in earnest for Keisha.

That's very sad Kylie, makes me wonder what her life was like before they killed her.

Thanks everyone. It is indeed horrible. I remember they had a friend who was very prominent on the news in leading vigils for Kiesha and proclaiming the innocence of the parents. She must feel so betrayed. She now appears on TV as 'former family friend'. What a shock for her. The couple also had a younger child die a few years ago. I think it was blamed on cot death, but of course now suspicions are being raised. I'm not sure if the police will investigate that one again.

Thanks everyone. It is indeed horrible. I remember they had a friend who was very prominent on the news in leading vigils for Kiesha and proclaiming the innocence of the parents. She must feel so betrayed. She now appears on TV as 'former family friend'. What a shock for her. The couple also had a younger child die a few years ago. I think it was blamed on cot death, but of course now suspicions are being raised. I'm not sure if the police will investigate that one again.

I agree Kylie, what a betrayal, and its sadder news with the younger child dying too, the suspicion is there now, hopefully they find the answers, I know its the most obvious statement ever but how can people be so cruel? :(

I've been following it on both CNN and Twitter and its hard to believe they finally found/killed him... especially since it is 8 years to the day that George Bush gave his 'Mission Accomplished' speech. Tomorrow will be a sad, yet (hopefully) peaceful day for those who lost loved ones in 9/11 and the war it caused.

Wow, I just woke up and heard the news about Bin Laden on the radio! We know for sure it was him, right? I mean, did they do a DNA test or anything? I'm just a bit wary since we've been searching for him for so long and he's always managed to evade us.

Go US military/sniper/helicopter-ing dudes! Finally, some closure for those affected on 9/11.

They said the Americans had taken custody of the body, and I'm sure they would have been very, very careful to make sure they had the right person. It would be quite embarrassing otherwise! Apparently they received information months and months ago about him, so I guess they had time to verify his identity. I believe they've also disposed of his body already so he can't be buried and have a shrine as a martyr.

Peacefield, they did a DNA test on his body, comparing it to the DNA of his deceased sister. Then they gave him a "burial at sea", which I was at first surprised at, but after hearing the explanation of some counterterrorism officials, that it denies his followers a kind of "shrine" or gathering point, it does make sense.

It's still kind of unbelievable, though, isn't it? :D

Peacefield, they did a DNA test on his body, comparing it to the DNA of his deceased sister. Then they gave him a "burial at sea", which I was at first surprised at, but after hearing the explanation of some counterterrorism officials, that it denies his followers a kind of "shrine" or gathering point, it does make sense.

It's still kind of unbelievable, though, isn't it? :D

It is, Echo, and unbelievably good news! :D Thanks for the info on the DNA, and I agree, denying the possibility of a shrine for their martyr makes perfect sense. I've been waiting to hopefully see a photo as well.

• 1 month later...

So sad to read of the death of Peter Falk today. Columbo is one of the few television detectives I enjoy watching, and probably the only one that will stop me channel hopping if I come across an episode, but my favourite memory of him will always be of his small but completely wonderful role as the grandfather reading to his poorly grandson in The Princess Bride, which we'll probably watch as a tribute to him this weekend.

Oh no, I hadn't heard that Peter Faulk died :(. R.I.P.

The flooding is very bad in North Dakota, and I feel so sorry for those who'll be displaced by it. Minot and surrounding towns are bracing for the Souris River to overflow. So much of this has happened this year! I know it's due to the record snowfall we had in winter, but man, enough with the weather-related hardships please.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no! I read today that Amazon have bought my beloved Book Depository. :( You can't imagine how much I love the BD. Their books are unbelievably cheaper than anything we can get here and they have free shipping. And I often get my books about a week after I order them.

Amazon charges us ridiculous amounts for shipping (about $5 per book on top of the general freight charge) and I believe their books can be more expensive too. Not to mention the delivery time is much, much slower. If Amazon remove our free shipping and raise book prices (because of less competition in the market) I don't know what'll I do. :wibbly:

I know I shouldn't get ahead of myself but I can't help but fear the worst. You've no idea what a godsend it was to me when I found the BD. Yes, I'm a little bit in love with an online bookstore.:wub:

Edited by Kylie