What have you been watching at the cinema? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

Scarlette has hit the nail on the head for me - it was so slow and the laughs were very few and far between.

A real let-down as I'd heard Steve Wright talking about it on the radio and thought it sounded like one of those laugh-out-loud type of films, but it was just dull.

ETA: But we're all different and you might love it, so don't let me put you off. :lol:

Edited by Janet

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Janet and Scarlette! :lol: I like hearing other opinions and luckily it's at the cheap theatre here so if I don't like it it's not like I've wasted too much money on it.

I was intrigued by it firstly because of the director Jason Reitman. He also directed Juno which was one of my favorites, but I'm not sure if this one will be as appealing. I think I mainly liked Juno because of the writing done by Diablo Cody, so we'll just have to see if Up in the Air is worthwhile too! :lol:

I went to see A Single Man with a friend on Saturday and it was MAGNIFICENT, so much so I'm already arranging to go see it again with another friend before the week is out. Sad, uplifting, beautiful, powerful, stunningly acted, sumptuously scored - and this is coming from someone who never understands or remembers instrumental soundtracks. If Colin Firth does not bag the Oscar for this, I'll be supremely angered at the injustice of it all, and declare the Awards rigged. Go see it yesterday, and bring hankies.

Excellent.....it is on my to do list with lunchtime movie friends soon.

I finally got round to seeing Avatar (3D) last night. It was absolutely amazing. I have to admit I didn't fancy it much on seeing the trailer but I'm glad OH persuaded me to see it. We just loved it. I want to live there:lol:

I went to see The Lovely Bones last night. It is SO good and so sad :D

I've been planning on going to see that one. I liked the book a lot, and - referring to lexiepiper's comment - it's nice to hear it sticks to the original story pretty well.

The last film I saw at the cinema was David Lynch's Eraserhead. They are showing older films at my favourite cinema every Monday, such a nice idea.

I saw Nowhere Boy yesterday at a lovely little country cinema, where the film was introduced by a lady and everything. :lol:

I thought it was quite good, but it took a little while to really get going, I thought. I had to restrain myself from saying to my friend 'I've been there!' every time I recognised a Liverpool landmark.

I had some trouble trying to work out how historically accurate parts of it were and I was disappointed by the lack of Stu (I'm glad you forewarned me though, Giulia!)

I took along my ex, who is not much of a Beatles fan (for shame!) but he really enjoyed it too, which says a lot. :friends0:

I went to see The Lovely Bones last night. It is SO good and so sad :lol:

It is isn't it, I really enjoyed it, and thought it stuck pretty close to the story

Hubby and I went to see it tonight. Was very well done, although I thought the fantasy bits were a bit much at times, but yes I thought it kept pretty well to the story.

'A Single Man'... Colin Firth deserves every award he can get for this movie....was brilliant, well acted, beautifully filmed etc etc etc. If you get a chance go see it.

Just got home a bit ago from seeing Remember Me, which opened here today. Honestly, this was a very good film, and I'm not just saying that because of you-know-who. For some reason I'm kind of surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did, since I thought it was going to be strictly 2 hours of eye candy. Not the case though! Superbness :censored:.

Just got home a bit ago from seeing Remember Me, which opened here today. Honestly, this was a very good film, and I'm not just saying that because of you-know-who. For some reason I'm kind of surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did, since I thought it was going to be strictly 2 hours of eye candy. Not the case though! Superbness :censored:.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed it peacefield, I can't wait to see it, roll on April! :lol: I am going by myself, my sister refuses to see any movies that are not Taylor Lautner related :no: (I suggested 'The Adventures of Lava Girl and Sharkboy' to her) and then laughed like a drain :)

It's not out there until April?! Oh no! Well you'll love it, and it's your sister's loss! :censored:

Indeed :lol:yip 2nd April 2010 :no: