What have you been watching at the cinema? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I would agree with FishandChips, Roxi. District 9 was mucho spectacular-ness :lol:. I admit I was pretty wary at first, but honestly there are so many layers and parallels in the film, it was truly excellent film-making and I'm glad I saw it.

District 9 is doing fabulous things for the South African film industry, so I'm glad those who have seen it has enjoyed it. :(

Glad to hear that, Scarlette! I really hope it wins some awards this spring or somehow gets the recognition it deserves :lol:, it was truly wonderful filmmaking.

Really? The synopsis just... didn't do anything for me.

I went into it with only a basic understanding of what it would be about but heard the reviews were pretty good and OH was keen. I'm glad I did as I was very impressed. It's not your typical sci-fi film. It's a great story and more ...

honestly there are so many layers and parallels in the film, it was truly excellent film-making and I'm glad I saw it.

Couldn't put it better!

We went to see Julie & Julia tonight. My expectations were low, but it was actually a very enjoyable film. Meryl Streep is completely over the top as Julia Child, but I don't have any experience of the real Juila so maybe that was a genuine portrayal, while Amy Adams was her usual enchanting self. Very light-hearted and entertaining, with a few giggles along the way.

I even enjoyed it despite the man in front of me who I had to ask to stop texting on his phone as it was distracting, and the two girls at the back of the cinema who kept talking throughout the film.

i went to watch Inglorious Basterds recently which was good, its all about the war and how a bunch of jewish american soldiers kill german soldiers it was directed by Quentin Tarantino who surprisingly made a very decent film out of this!!

Man I loved this film. The best one I have seen in quite some time. Better than Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction IMO.

We went to see Julie & Julia tonight. My expectations were low, but it was actually a very enjoyable film. Meryl Streep is completely over the top as Julia Child, but I don't have any experience of the real Juila so maybe that was a genuine portrayal, while Amy Adams was her usual enchanting self. Very light-hearted and entertaining, with a few giggles along the way.

I even enjoyed it despite the man in front of me who I had to ask to stop texting on his phone as it was distracting, and the two girls at the back of the cinema who kept talking throughout the film.

that very same film last night it was brilliant and yes it was very enjoyable!

Man I loved this film. The best one I have seen in quite some time. Better than Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction IMO.

Better than Pulp Fiction? Wow ....thats pretty hard to beat. Are you sure?? :D I've been meaning to check Inglorious 'persons of dubious parentage' out ....now I'm gonna have to, for sure!