The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure you keep your feet under the covers tonight! mwahmwahmwah!! :D

That doesn't matter because

the bed covers can move and the monsters can crawl to cuddle up right beside you!!

CaliLily I liked it very much, it built up tension very gradually but in the end it was real tense. A bit like Blairwitch Project which I also enjoyed. Definitely something I wouldn't want to watch alone. And if I was living in a house of my own I'd be freaked out to live there for a while. I'm so glad that I'm staying at BF's right now :roll:

Me and Nollaig discussed this film, it creeped me the heck out. The concepts in it i research and find very interesting, it was done respectfully although probably a little ott, especially with the ending, but a good film for the genre :D

I think you should. I watched The Blair Witch Project a week or so ago, i like that film. It didn't creep me out in the same way as the first two times i saw it, the scariest part for me this time, was them slowly going more crazy and realising that they truly are so lost and can't do anything about it.

They are amateur actors, the same way as Paranormal Activity actors are, but it is very good and believable acting. Better than Hollywood can produce imo, for this genre.

I just read that last night whilst we were playing 'Scene It' Frankie, that they spent close to nothing on the film but grossed a ton at the box office. In comparison though, the sequel had a gigantic budget and didn't do as well as the first. Figures!

I liked Blair Witch Project though, Cali, and the ending was enough to creep me out for a very long time! :D

I liked Blair Witch Project though, Cali, and the ending was enough to creep me out for a very long time! :D

I haven't seen it, but just based on what someone told me about it, I had problems sleeping for weeks! I'm so pathetic, I can't watch anything like this for fear of nightmares - I still have bad dreams about the film "Seven" despite having never seen that either, but someone at work told me about what happens in it.

Wow Chesil, you must have some imagination! You don't even need to see a movie to have nightmares, just hear about it! I wouldn't recommend seeing Blair Witch then :D. Even though I'm a huge Fincher fan, I could never bring myself to see Seven. There are only so many serial psycho killers that I can watch, ever since I saw Silence of the Lambs *shudder*. I do love Zodiac however, another Fincher btw.

Have fun watching Blair Witch, Cali! And don't go out into any woods for a long time afterwards :roll:.

Haha, will do! If I did I don't think it would bother me too much. Stuff like that dosn't scare me, but if I watch a movie like Dante's Peak or Volcano I have horrible nightmares. Volcanoes are one thing I can't handle.

Peace, why would they make a sequel with bigger budget when they had a cheap concept that worked out so well? Besides, not everything has to have a sequel just because the first movie was a success. I wouldn't watch a sequel to something like that...

Have fun watching Blair Witch, Cali! And don't go out into any woods for a long time afterwards :D.

I didn't have problems with woods after the movie, what troubled me was the

corners of rooms. Me and my friend had trouble going to sleep because we were sure the dark things in the corners were people, standing their backs turned on us, making us the next targets. Me & my friend thought the movie was boring until we saw the ending which creeped the living heck out of us, we avoided the corners for ages after watching the movie.

What about the bit where

the tent is being shook violently by something and they flee out of it in terror to find nothing, that bit freaked me the hell out when i first saw it.

This is Hollywood, Frankie, remember? :roll: For some folks out there, if one movie does well, then it should have a sequel so they can get even more money even if it means tripling the budget. It's kind of a rare thing that a sequel does just as well as the original, but for the life of me the idiots out there keep trying :D.

I don't know why some woods freak me out so much. I'm in them all the time in the summer, but just the thought of getting lost without any kind of guidance or know-how makes me nervous, LOL. But yeah,

just the tiny glimpse we get at the end of BWP with that kid in the corner is the worst! The part with the tent was scary too, Rawr, and hearing those kids, ick!

Good film! I have been lost in the middle of the woods at 3am after a taxi dropped me off on the wrong side of the city, and luckily these were the woods i stumbled into where i go jogging every week!! LOL crazy. All i could think of whilst navigating the pitch black lit only by the moonlight, was the blair witch x_x

OMG that would be scary, Rawr! I think I would've just started sobbing or something had I been in that spot :D. I hope you didn't see any twig dolls hanging from trees or bundles of flannel shirts laying around, creepy!

I'm afraid I hated The Blair WitchProject and thought it over-hyped and rubbish - I think my scare-genes have been numbed though as I was brought up on a steady diet of Hammer Horror from being tiny and was always told things like "It's not blood - it's only tomato sauce," and "It's not real - it's only make believe like when you're playing pretend," so scary films very rarely have the "desired" effecgt on me. Yes, I'll jump a little when something happens suddenly, but I don't tend to get scared. I was more freaked by The Truman Show, when I suddenly became certain that I was actually part of a giant reality TV show without my prior knowledge or agreement. But then I was slightly drunk when I saw that in the cinema - LOL!

Last DVD I watched was Twilight because I got it for Xmas, rather unexpectedly, from my Dad.