The last DVD you watched? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

1992, wow! I have to say that i am not a fan of american remakes of british shows anyway. I hated The Office remake with a passion.

True, i can't think of any good US remakes. I managed about 15 minutes of the US version of The Office before giving up. Mind you i imagine there are many Brit versions of US shows that could be described as being pretty bad.

Remember years ago ITV attempted to remake the classic American sitcom, 'The Golden Girls'. I'd guess all those involved in the shambles have only just recovered from the embarrassment :lol:.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think? I thought it was a really cute film
Me too, that's why I was watching it for the second time :lol: home for Christmas so I'm showing Mum films from my personal collection; I'd seen Penelope with a friend last New Year's and we'd bought thought 'awwww', and at the end

'oooooh that was a nice kiss'

Donnie Darko is one of my favourite ever films. Therefore S. Darko I believe to be utter tripe and wish I could get that 103 minutes of my life back. It was appalling.

Last night I watched "Land of the Lost" and then "Book of Blood". Neither was spectacular.

I heard of the sequel a few months ago and looked at the proposed concept and then i just thought, what the hell is the point of ruining such a good film which really does not lend itself towards expansion on the plot? Ridiculous! So i do not intend on seeing it.

I don't know! I will not watch it, i don't like sequels that basically have no meaning other than to ride on the success of something, if the story does not lend itself towards anything fresh or a continuation, then what's the point, except to cash in?

I am fine with the usual gorefest. Psychologically frightening films scare me, i feel the heart of fear lies within the human mind, and when you can tap into that, then it becomes personal imo :lol:

A young man blocks out harmful memories of significant events of his life. As he grows up, he finds a way to remember these lost memories and a supernatural way to alter his life.

The plot is great but it does get a bit long.

I loved the first Darko movie but never bothered with the sequel. I don't go for gory movies, not really because I get scared but because I get grossed out very easily :friends0:. I do get creeped out however from movies like The Ring, Amityville Horror and The Others.

I watched the first disc of Sons of Anarchy season one last night, then I popped in a couple of my fave West Wing episodes, Christmas themed of course :(.