What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry :):lol::) It's just that who knows how many more Discworlds we'll get and I couldn't not read it right away so I'm just encouraging everyone to do the same thing!

Today I bought Audrey Niffenegger's Her Fearful Symmetry, which I'm starting right away :lol: and I also got on the 3 for 2 offer:

Haruki Murakami - The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, for November's book circle :)

Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows - The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Society

Sebastian Barry - The Secret Scripture

:)

I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on Audrey Niffenegger's new book.

On page 49 of Unseen Academicals (17 of which read today, 21 last night - the book is one of them that inexplicably starts on page 9). Aim to read at least until page 61 tonight as I cannot wait for the token Vetinari scene - man, I love that man! All things considered this is quite fast reading for the new me and that would be because I'm loving the book so far, hence *general rejoicing* :lol:!

I have just finished Songs of the Humpback Whales and throughly enjoyed it!! Now what to read next.......David my son took me into WHS today and bought me some books for my birthday :lol:

Finished Her Fearful Symmetry, was disappointed by it if I'm honest! Now on to Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah.

Aw that's such a shame Lexie, especially as you were so looking forward to it :lol: I was hoping it was going to be good myself too :)

I've only read about 30 pages today of Broken Skin, probably read some more later :)

Aw that's such a shame Lexie, especially as you were so looking forward to it :lol: I was hoping it was going to be good myself too :)

I've only read about 30 pages today of Broken Skin, probably read some more later :)

That is disappointing, will be starting to read it soon myself

Up to page 64 in The Bone Garden so hopefully will get lots more in this weekend. It's quite interesting though. I love the going back and forth between present-day Boston and 1830's Boston; excellent reading so far! :lol:

I picked up Erica Spindler's In Silence. I'm not sure whether it's Spindler's style or the translation, but something about the book is bothering me a bit. I'm not gonna let that stop me from reading the book though, I'm thinking the storyline's interesting so far :lol: