What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

Cool Giulia! I'm envious of all your author meetings.
Sowwy :D to be fair though, I am only just beginnig to make up for a year of living in London and completely failing to meet anyone remotely exciting!

Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett has just arrived on my doorstep so I'm off to read all afternoon
Yay :blush: enjoy :lol:!

(Jealous...)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sowwy :D to be fair though, I am only just beginnig to make up for a year of living in London and completely failing to meet anyone remotely exciting!

:lol: No worries. As long as you don't mind me living vicariously through you, because I will be expecting lots of details from all of these meetings. :blush:

Just got my parcel from Amazon containing the hardback of Hilary Mantel's - Wolf Hall. I don't usually buy hardbacks so this is a big treat.

Will have to read Drowning Man very quickly,that won't be difficult though as it is a real page turner.:blush:

I like Roxi's attitude. I think I might postpone my reading of Dracula the Undead to a time when ...

Why thank you :blush:

I read about 50 pages of Dracula last night, and like last time, I'm loving it. I know when Mina starts up though it'll start dragging, that's what put me off last time. However, I am determined to get through her initial dullness and get on with the story. :D

The first part of Dracula is really amazingly written and sets such a gloomy hue of an atmosphere for the tale, one of my favourite novels :blush:

Next three are already on reserve Charm :eek:.

Unfortunately I was only able to read 60 pages as I am STILL getting over this god damn bug!:lol: I don't know what is wrong with me. I never have any energy :motz:

Aw that sucks :lol: Hope you're feeling much better soon :blush: I'm loaded with the cold at the min myself so not feeling to great either and haven't read a thing for a couple of days now :D

Today I bought Audrey Niffenegger's Her Fearful Symmetry, which I'm starting right away :blush: and I also got on the 3 for 2 offer:

Haruki Murakami - The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, for November's book circle :D

Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows - The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Society

Sebastian Barry - The Secret Scripture

:lol:

Today I bought Audrey Niffenegger's Her Fearful Symmetry

Sebastian Barry - The Secret Scripture

My mum just brought over both those books for me, especially looking forward to the Niffenegger :blush:

I'm about halfway through Unseen Academicals now and loving it - classic Pratchett!

Guest velocipede2288

Reading a Dalziel and Pascoe novel by Reginald Hill, "On Beulah Hight." A library book.

Edited by Michelle
bolding removed

Yay :D

I of course have just finished Dracula: The-Undead and will be posting it out tomorrow :blush: Next up is Audrey Niffenegger's Her Fearful Symmetry, and I have to admit, I'm very excited to read it! :lol:

Ooooh I really must get Her Fearful Symmetry

I am currently reading 'Falling Leaves Return to Their Roots: The True Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter' by Adeline Yen Mah, which so far is really good. :blush:

Finished Definitely Dead this morning then started on Dead As A Doornail. It wasn't until I started DAAD that I realised I had read them out of order :D.

Aw no .. I hate it when that happens :blush: I hope it didn't spoil them too much for you.

I've almost finished The Graveyard Book, will probably finish it tonight, it's definately fueling my mojo! :lol:

Yes, it was definitely disturbing in some parts. I hope I never find myself in Joe's situation!

I've been looking forward to I, Robot for such a long time. It's always exciting when I get to a book on my TBR pile that I've been wanting to read for ages (this relates to pretty much every book on my pile). :blush:

I'm reading 3 books at the moment:

Weekend in Paris by Robyn Sisman (need to start chapter 6)

My Immortal by Erin McCarthy (starting chapter 11)

Only Pleasure by Lora Leigh (only read the prologue)

I made a deal with myself not to order/buy new books untill I only have 10 books left on my shelves that I need to read and there are still about 67 on there. The books I already ordered I won't cancell but they normally are going to arrive with weeks interval between them and some are even for next year already so I'm not stressed about that.