What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... I am 90 pages into The Girl with the dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson and honestly I am not sure about it so far. It has mainly been background about the main characters. I hope it will start to get real good soon, I have high hopes for this book as I have just realised that the writer is the same man who was the co - editor of Expo an anti Fascism magazine and an inspiration to mainly Human right activists.

Dammit! I went into Waterstone's (like a fool), and had to, had to buy Iain Banks' new book Transition. It's like a compulsion! This means I'll have to read this straight after I've read Grave Sight. Or, should I read the other two Charlaine Harris books immediately and post them on to the next person in the book ring?

Probably the latter...

Don't know if you're interested, but Iain Banks was on the Daily Mayo on Five Live today talking about this book, and the podcast should be available for the next week if you want to listen. I haven't listened to it yet, but he's usually an incredibly engaging interviewee. You can download the podcast here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/books

Hmm... I am 90 pages into The Girl with the dragon tattoo by Stieg Larsson and honestly I am not sure about it so far. It has mainly been background about the main characters. I hope it will start to get real good soon, I have high hopes for this book as I have just realised that the writer is the same man who was the co - editor of Expo an anti Fascism magazine and an inspiration to mainly Human right activists.

I'm around 138 pages in and the book has started to pick up the pace so keep at it :lol:.

I've almost finished Mourning Ruby, taken much longer than I thought it would, despite being very good, I just haven't had the inclination to read too much at the moment.

Despite that, I had some book vouchers burning a hole in my purse, so it was off to town this morning, where I spent two hours :( wandering round and round before deciding on the following books (some of the ones I was planning on getting weren't on offer :D so it was just mooch around and pick up anything that took my fancy):

The Tango Singer - Tom

Decided on 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff. I've been reading some good reviews about it recently (BookJumper, I think, for one) so looking forward to reading it. I'd best get some sleep first though. :lol:

Sounds like you made quite a haul there, Chesilbeach, and with a voucher to spare! Most excellent :(.

Hopefully when I get home tonight I'll do a wee review on Ghostwalk, and then I think I'll start Club Dead, although I may change my mind when I'm actually standing in front of my bookshelf :lol:.

Today I got Chelsea Cain's Evil at Heart which I've been waiting for for ages! :( Happy me! I also went to the library to check out for any good reads in the free-book counter. I picked up Anne Lamott's Grace (Eventually) - Thoughts on Religion. Since I've read the religion thread on here I decided to pick that book up and give it a go :lol:

Decided on 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff. I've been reading some good reviews about it recently (BookJumper, I think, for one) so looking forward to reading it. I'd best get some sleep first though.
You're clearly clairvoyant Kylie, as I haven't finished it yet so I haven't written a review of it save in my head. Soon, though, soon. I can tell you right now though that I'm adoring every page and I dare say you'll do too!

Hopefully when I get home tonight I'll do a wee review on Ghostwalk
Oh good, I'll look forward to that as I've got a copy languishing on my top shelf.

I finished Mansfield Park by Jane Austen yesterday, and started Microbes and Man by John Postgate. That's very interessting, he introduces to microbiology in a very easy way! I like it very much, allthough I know much about microbiology from universitiy... :lol:

I'm around 138 pages in and the book has started to pick up the pace so keep at it :lol:.

I hope so mate, I really hope so, it just seems to drag. I am 102 pages in and the investigation has not even begun.

I have not read much at all today only about 20 pages due to work, but I am hoping to do so serious reading tonight.

Happy reading everyone!

now starting Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.

Really hope you enjoy this! :D

My mojo has decided it needs another rest, however I put my foot down and started Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I'm hoping this tempts it back! :D