Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - FILM

Kell

We went to see it last night and on the whole I think we enjoyed it. But why do they have to go off the story in parts! There is heaps in the book they could add to make it exciting, lots more spells flying back and forward for effect etc. Like Kell said I'm sure they could have delved more into Draco's story. The love interest was funny in parts, Ron does make me laugh. I still like Snape (in a dark sort of way :lol: or is it just that Alan Rickman plays him so well).

I do think they could have given Dumbledore

the big funeral and spectacle that it appeared to be in the book though,

that had me in tears when I read it.

I am going to see this on saturday! The thing about HP films i noticed is that they seem too jumpy from scene to scene so don't flow very well, but meh i shall judge when i have seen!

I do think they could have given Dumbledore

the big funeral and spectacle that it appeared to be in the book though,

that had me in tears when I read it.

I would think..more like HOPE that that part would be in the first part of the seventh one. but...Hmm... I dunno though. Cause in the book,

that's where we find out that Harry's not going to school the next year, but he said that in the Astronomy Tower in the movie... And the funeral is also where we see that Dumbly's in that marble coffin thing, with the ELDER WAND which is very important (but I guess the elder wand IS in his office in the end of the sixth one, so I dunno.) And its also where we find out about lupin and tonks...

But I do hope that they'll include it in there. Even if its just a background introduction thing, it'd be better than nothing.

I read somewhere that the reason that

Dumbledore didn't get a bigger send off was because they couldn't get the actors to commit for a funeral scene. Apparently actors such as Emma Thomson, Imelda Staunton etc were not available (I think that might have been in a review I read). However I do think they could have made a bigger deal of it.

I have never read the book so don't really no what to compare it too. Although I do understand what people mean about how it flitted from romantic scenes to all out action. The tone of the movie was difficult to recognise. I think it was an all right movie - definitely not the best. By the end I needed the toilet so I was just wishing it finished :) Think I wasn't concentrating for the last half an hour, just praying that it was nearly finished! :D

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...