Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel

Kimmy619

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched 'Once More With Feeling' yesterday, singing my way through it all, and sniffling during other parts. Love that episode so much, all the characters are great but Xander and Anya are just wonderful in their bits! :D

Yea I know what you mean.

My favourite song is Spikes, its amazing.

But Xander and Anya's songs funny :lol:

I recorded it and keep watching it every so often :lol:

I actually laughed out loud when Buffy was miming staking a demon, but it looked like something naughty!! :lol:

:D I remember me and my brother laughing so much when we saw that bit that we missed what happened next. :lol:

• 4 months later...

So, I have just finished watching Season 1 of Angel following the recommendations on here and I am hooked! I love the way that Cordeila develops as a character as well as the relationship that she forms with Angel. It ws so sad when

Doyle died.

I feel that they underplayed it a bit though as they didn't dwell on it for too long. The episode where

Angel becomes human again, spends the day with Buffy and then has to turn back time is heart wrenching.

I'm looking forward to season 2 which is winging it's way to my house from Amazon as I type. :lol:

Doyle died.

That was planned from the very start. There was talk of an 'out' (

where the character could be written back into the show without demeaning his sacrifice

) but the actor died before things could be put in place for that to happen.

It ws so sad when

Doyle died.

I actually sit there bawling for ten or fifteen minutes any time I see that episode, because I know

Glen Quinn is dead. It's that bit at the end, 'so come on over to our offices and you'll see that there's still heroes in this world. ......Is that it? Am I done?'

I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

Buffy is definately my favourite programme ever! I only started watching it at season 5 (then never missed an episode of 6 & 7). I then saw most of season 4, and got season 1 on DVD. I also got season 2 but I've only watched a few episodes of that. I used to watch a couple of episodes every Friday night (I have no life to speak of :lol:) with the intention of watching all 7 seasons, but for some reason I stopped (I think maybe I actually went out!) So what I have left to watch is most of 2, all of 3 and the beginning of 4 (did you follow all that??)

Anyway, I now have desperately want to start watching it again but my DVD is broken! :blush: I may have to watch them on my laptop.

My favourite episodes (from the ones I have seen) are Once More With Feeling (fantastic!), Tabula Rasa, the one with the Buffy bot, and the final episode of season 5. I don't think I've ever cried so much!

Oh and I'm definately team Spike too!! I love him. I really couldn't see what Buffy's problem was with the fact that he was a vampire so it was wrong to be with him. I don't think I would have let moral dilemmas stop me!:console:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so I decided to get back into my Angel watching (stopped 9 episodes into the second season, not sure why) and though I was a little hesitant as I had to skim wiki to get my head in the right place for where I'm about to pick up, I am 1:56 minutes into this episode and already I'm like

BEST SHOW EVAAAAAR! :(

I used to love Buffy, it was my favourite show for years. But recently I've been watching repeats of both Buffy and Angel, and Angel is much more entertaining. I still like Buffy, and there are certain episodes which I adore. But overall I much prefer Angel. I like the "vampire detective" aspect, actually solving crimes and mysteries rather than just fighting evil. I also love the secondary characters, Cordy, Wesley, Gunn, Doyle, Fred etc.

Yesterday, my GF and I finished watching all - yes, all - of Buffy. It's taken us months to get through but, by gum, what an awesome programme. We're going to get all five series (seasons?) of Angel now.

My GF has a real thing for Spike. And Giles. And Xander ("Why can't Xander be my boyfriend?"!!!) and she simply goes to pieces when Angel comes back now and again...

...sigh...

That man would look great in anything. Om nom nom.

David Boreanaz is quite hot too though -I don't think he's all THAT physically attractive, but when Angel sorta goes slightly evil from time to time, David is great at acting like he's completely apathetic and actually seems quite dangerous - which makes him hot. Also, he has arguably the most intense eyes ever.