Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel

Kimmy619

Dunno what season it is, but one of my faves is Hush. The only episode to have baddies that I found truly scary, it was pretty nasty. I just loved the creepy way the Gentlemen moved - excellent acting. Also brilliant humour, where

That's a favourite of mine too. I think it's season two. I loved the Gentlemen, even now they make me jump when they suddenly appear in the window...despite the fact I know it's coming

I love the way their heads explode when Buffy screams too

(sorry if anyone read the spoiler in mia's post, for some reason it wouldn't blank out in the quote, have deleted it now)

Edited by Lucybird
spoiler

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno what season it is, but one of my faves is Hush. The only episode to have baddies that I found truly scary, it was pretty nasty.

Sorry Oz fans!

Enjoy the next 100 eps, Roxi! :D

You're right about The Wish, Mia, it was the one with the things you mentioned. Great episode, and yeah, heartbreaking when you could tell that somehow

Angel knew things were meant to be different.

And yes! Hush is another favourite! It's Season 4 though. It's superb. I can't believe I forgot about it.

As for Oz -

he couldn't help being a werewolf, Willow had already cheated with Xander several times and she turned out to be gay ANYWAY, so I'm on Team Oz.

I agree about Hush. That really scared me. The Wish is another one of my favourites. Season 3 does have some great episodes.

Does anyone have any of the Buffy/Angel books? I have quite a few but have never read them - although at the moment I am reading a book on Buffy trivia at the moment which is quite funny.

I've read various novelizations (the Angel based ones, the Angel Chronicles?) and also some random Buffy books, Obsidian Fate was one, and I had about 3 or 4 others. I also have an Angel novel called Avatar, which was the best I'd read, and lead to me emailing the author (when I was about 14). We stayed in touch for about 6 years, which was cool.

Dunno what season it is, but one of my faves is Hush. The only episode to have baddies that I found truly scary, it was pretty nasty. I just loved the creepy way the Gentlemen moved - excellent acting.

I thought this was one of the scariest episodes as well. :D

Hi Guys. My brother sent me the entire collection of Buffy on DVD some time ago and insisted that I watch it.

Awesome.

The scripts, the direction, the arcs, the...well, everything!!! It turns out that Joss Whedon's a genius. An actual genius. I went to see the film Serenity on the strength of Buffy, and that was brilliant too!

Particular favourites of mine were Hush, The Body and Graduation Day. They've probably been mentioned already. One of my favourite characters was the mayor in Season 3.

"There's no excuse for not keeping your hands clean..."

And his 'To Do' list made me bark a laugh out loud...

P.S. I really liked Anya, too. She was practically Aspergers!

Edited by Mac

I agree Mac. The Mayor was great because he was funny, with someone commenting that they can defeat him by sneezing on him :D. Another of my favourites is Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered, particuarly Joyce and Buffy's scenes. There was a lot of funny moments in this series as a whole :D

I only started watching Buffy in season 5 so I'm with team Spike!

I got the boxed set later to fill in the early gaps and must be the only person who liked the character Riley in season 4. I really thought it was about time Buffy had a sensible boyfriend.

I have seen series one of Angel which was okay not brilliant. Is it worthwhile seeing the rest?

I have seen series one of Angel which was okay not brilliant. Is it worthwhile seeing the rest?

I'd say yes! The series shifts and develops as you go through, and explore some interesting notions along the way (the nature of evil, demonhood vs humanity etc).

There are some dud scenes/episodes, but fortunately not too many. In addition, as the series finished after 5 seasons, and they were notified before it was cancelled, it ties together well at the end.

The way Angel progresses is hilariously brilliant. He starts out in a little apartment/office, ends up in a massive old hotel and then takes over a business.

I loved the first couple of seasons of Angel in particular, but as a whole it's all very good. There were some arcs I didn't care much for, like Jasmine, but they're still good.

Yeah he was really young too. One of my favourite episodes of Angel is the one where Lorne gets really stressed and doesn't sleep, when they're working at Wolfram and Hart :lol: I can't remember the episode but I think it's in the last series.

I've decided to watch Angel from the start rather than Buffy. :lol: I can't remember a lot of the earlier episodes.

Edited by Stephanie2008

I always loved that moment in the last series, in the episode called 'You're Welcome' when a video is being watched,

Cordelia is watching Doyle when they made their advert in series 1. She says something like "Ist soldier down"

I still get a bottom lip wobble when I watch that bit. :lol:

I've got the whole Angel boxset as well, but strangely enough I'm having trouble working up the enthusiasm to watch it. I've only seen about three episodes so far! It really must be overdue a re-watch, because I can remember hardly anything about it. The only part of any episode I can visualise is

when Faith comes to try and kill Angel and they fight in the rain.

Probably I remember that because I loved that bit. It's strange though, when I could remember so much about Buffy, even before I watched them all again.

When both shows were running, I could never decide which one was my favourite. I really like them both, but on the whole I've decided on Buffy. However, that might change when I get around to watching all of Angel!

I have just watched the Room With A View episode of Angel which I really like. It's Cordy at her best :lol: I love Doyle too and it's such a shame that he gets written out after so few episodes (although I really like Wesley too).

When I first got the complete boxsets to both shows I watched Buffy first non-stop and then Angel. I had to finish Angel before I could start the After the Fall comics and wanted to refresh Buffy before starting the Season 8 comics.

It's been a while now since the buffy comics have been coming monthly for about 2 years now and I finished Angel last christmas

I loved the first handful of series of Buffy, specifically when Willow and Oz were still together and when Spike first arrived in all his spikiness ("So, who do you kill for fun 'round here?" - best first line ever or what?).

I hated it when Oz went away, promised to come back and only did when it was far too late, and hated it even more when Spike started going all soft and mushy...

that final episode!! What were they thinking? Spike would have sacrificed himself to save Buffy, no question about that, but to save humanity?! The Spike we all know and love didn't give a :lol: about humanity!! Not only he dies, but he dies out of character... I'll never forgive Joss Whedon for that, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always disliked Angel, I must say, I found him whiney and a bit too woe-is-me; he reminded me of Louis from Anne Rice's "The Vampire Chronicles", whom I disliked for precisely that reason. Spike on the other hand holds a sassier, sarkier, more-Lestat-like appeal.

Not to mention, Jasme Masters's voice...! I absolutely LOVE the musical episode, it's one of the constant variables of my mp3 player. Anthony Stewart Head (Giles)'s voice is stunning too, I was gutted when he appeared in Sweeney Todd and wasn't made to sing - what a waste of resources.

For anyone who's missed it, I reccommend the original Buffy film (the one where she burns down the famous gym referred to at the beginning of series one). It's so spectacularly bad it runs the risk of running all the way round and becoming spectacularly good. Hysterical stuff.

I hated it even more when Spike started going all soft and mushy...

I can't quote the bit you put in spoiler tags about Spike, but I have to disagree about him being out of character. I don't think he did what he did

to save humanity, or out of any kind of goodness, but because he wanted to please Buffy as he loved her, and he knew it would please her to save humanity. So therefore, he was still in character, and still being selfish ol' Spike (to my way of thinking, anyway!).