True Blood

ScottHughes

I just watched that episode Nicola :D and it was really funny because my husband and I looked at each other and we both had the same look on our faces

Yes its great that they are back together but seriously, of all places!

I think I hid my face in embarrassment! Isn't funny how those sorts of scenes in the books are really well written and not embarrassing at all, yet the tv series has moments when you want to hide behind a cushion! :D

I did love the Eric scenes though. Not so sure about the queen though.

I'm not sure who abducted Bill. I think they want us to think that it was Eric, although in the book it's Lorena. They probably bring her back.

They have cast the King of Mississippi so that might have something to do with it :irked:

I think that they'll follow the book

ish and have Lorena kidnap him and hide him at the King of Mississippi's house.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tara really annoys me too. She's not in the books much and I wish they had stuck to that. I really like the Club Dead book so hope Season 3 stays along those lines. It will be interesting to see the scenes with Alcide and Debbie :D Of course I hope that Sookie and Eric get closer too, and would really love them to bring in Bubba but Alan Ball has already said they won't be doing that :D

Tara really annoys me too. She's not in the books much and I wish they had stuck to that.

I think this is one of the reasons I don't like the television series very much. I find Tara annoying, as well as Jason, Tara's mother, Lafayette and now Amy as well, plus I don't like the actor playing Sam or the different storyline they've written for him. Basically, anything that's different from the book is irritating me, and I'm just not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. I think I'll watch to the end of the series since I've started, but I don't think I'll bother with it after that.

I think this is one of the reasons I don't like the television series very much. I find Tara annoying, as well as Jason, Tara's mother, Lafayette and now Amy as well, plus I don't like the actor playing Sam or the different storyline they've written for him. Basically, anything that's different from the book is irritating me, and I'm just not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped. I think I'll watch to the end of the series since I've started, but I don't think I'll bother with it after that.

It doesn't sound like you're enjoying it, I agree that the book is better :D In my list of annoying characters would be Tara (first by a mile, I really don't like her), Amy (pointless for me) and Tara's mother. I'm not a big fan of Sam either but I'm hoping that will change as time goes on. I love Jason though, and Lafayette.

I actually started to find Tara a bit annoying this series which surprised me as I really liked the banter between her and Lafayette in the first series. She was a favourite of mine. I think I started to dislike her when

Sookie coaxed her out of the 'Maryanne trance' and she decided the best thing to do would be to go back and rescue Eggs.......and then fell under the trance thing again.

I liked her when she was a strong female character and just felt that this series she bacame one of those vulnerable victim types.....you know the type in horror movies that run upstairs instead of outside?! Why do they do that!!!??

I really liked Lafayette and

I'm glad they didn't kill him off

:D

Nicola, I haven't been liking Tara that much this series either, I know what you mean about this sudden character change.

I watched the last episode last night and I thought it was good! Just that makes me happy because I thought the episode before it was quite boring... Anyways! Bill!!

How sweet was he?!?! I was almost in tears and screaming yes at the TV myself :D

I just got meself True Blood Season 1 thanks to BF, I'm going to try and persuade him to watch the first episode with me now :D

I hope he does. I found out last week that my OH watches it and LOVES IT! He watches it in America and randomly informed me that it was a MUST WATCH program.

I have the boxset on DVD ready to watch, but should I read the books first, I hate knowing what is going to happen in books :smile2:

Catwoman - the first series of True Blood does stick quite close to the book, particularly regarding Sookie, so it depends whether you would rather read about it or watch it regarding spoilers. I would advise reading the book first, although I love the TV series too :D

I hope you like the series frankie, I have a feeling your BF might anyway :lol::friends0:

I watched the finale of series 2 last night. Jason was hilarious and brilliant as ever!

Especially when he and Andy Bellefleur were 'coming to the rescue' and Jason was going through all the famous film quotes, " I love the smell of nail polish in the morning" ... :D brilliant! Then of course they took all the credit for saving the day!

He's so easily swayed, by himself as well as others :motz: I'm so glad the

Marianne storyline is over though, it did drag on a bit and hello? Why did Sam not just kill her like that ages ago??

Really can't wait now until series 3 :motz:

It does seem like forever to wait! I haven't seen any of the 2nd season yet though so that'll keep me occupied. My friend recorded it for me since they had a marathon last weekend so as soon as I can get them I'll be caught up with the rest of you. Can't wait to see more of Eric! :friends0: