True Blood

ScottHughes

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the sound of more Eric! :D The Emmy Awards are on TV tonight here and I just had a look at the nominees. Surprisingly, TB isn't up for one award! :friends0: It just doesn't make sense to me. Nothing against shows like 'Big Love,' but I'd much rather see the TB folks get some recognition.

Does anyone know if they are airing Season 2 on Sky? I am only watching Season 1 at the minute and I think it is two episodes from the finish. I am really enjoying it and don't think I can wait months for Season 2 here. If so, I will go and get the boxsets. :friends0:

Did anyone who has been watching season two think the season finale was a little bit of a let-down? I'm still dying to see season 3, but I was a tad disappointed with the final episode of S3. :friends0:

I know what you mean Kell. I wondered what was going to happen because

the Maryann

stuff was pretty much concluded about 20 mins in and was a bit let down by what did happen. I am not sure if this is because I have read the books so I am not really rooting for the Bill/Sookie relationship :friends0:

I agree Kimmy. I'm also not wanting the Bill/Sookie relationship because of the books. I also agree that the finale was a bit of a let down. After the Mary-Ann storyline, it just seemed to fill time. Hopefully the next season will be good. I hope it's based on Club Dead because I love that book :friends0:

I am so behind, I am watching Season 1, Episode 10 ~ 'I Don't Wanna Know' :friends0:

Not feeling the whole forced fang removal at the trial but I do appreciate the fact the Magister has a palm pilot to keep up with his trial schedule :D

:motz:

Woo-hoo, Frankie!! Excellent. I hope you love it - let us know what you think!

Note: I'm not commenting on the actual plot so I don't think there's a need for spoilertags but if you see something I should've used spoilertags on please let me know!

Well so far I've only seen the first episode (and yes I did get BF to watch it too, he said it was alright :motz:) and if I hadn't read the books and seen all you guys rant about this series I probably wouldn't be watching any more of it. I guess it was a bit of a let down for me :/ I thought I would like Anna Paquin as Sookie, but she was awkward and not very good at doing her job, at least in my humble opinion. The book Sookie is a tough gal, the TV Sookie is an awkward prude who runs like the girl in the stereotypical female jokes. It was painful to watch her!! :friends0:

On the plusside, I liked Bill a lot more than I would've thought, I had seen pics of the actor and I didn't think much of him but he fit the role very well I think :lol: I certainly wouldn't call him ugly as I have done in the past :D I thought Tara was annoying, I certainly didn't get the feeling she was like that in the books. She was sure an angry bitter young woman with an attitude (which is okay if in the near future the viewers are going to be shown the reasons why she's that way). Frankly she scared the bejesus outta me! Sam was perfect, oh my :motz: And well, I hate to say this but

he was even better in his 'doggy gear'.

(I'm a big fan of dogs, if you didn't know already)

I was surprised at the Merlotte's the bar, for some reason I thought it would've been a bit flashier. (I'm not criticising, I'm just pointing out the difference in my head and in the show.) It seemed like a real comfy place. And though I'd known the events are set in the Southern USA, I was pleasantly surprised to hear the Southern accent :D There's something very sweet and homey about it.

All in all, I am going to see the rest of the episodes and I'm sure it'll pick up once I get used to Anna Paquin. (I still can't get over the fact that TV-Sookie was such a prude! I mean the book Sookie didn't enjoy profanities but I hadn't figured she'd actually take such a dislike to hearing them, I thought the girls talking to Lafayette was hilarious and I was disappointed to see that it all flew over Sookie's head like she was a dimwit.)

Edited by frankie

Sorry for doubleposting but I just found out that my BF who thought True Blood was "pretty good" but nothing more has been watching the show without telling me and now he's on episode 9 of the first season!! (And it was only Sunday I think, when we watched the first episode together!) :D Really, I didn't think he liked it enough to continue watching it on his own but apparently I was wrong! I'm really utterly surprised. He still won't say more about it than "it's pretty good" but it must be pretty darn good if he's actually watching it! :friends0:

:friends0: I thought that it got worse too, they just dragged Maryanne out far too long, and didn't make Dallas long enough

Yeah I agree with that. The Dallas story should have lasted longer. I also agree about Bill's hair :D I think he needs to go see Pam like Eric does :motz:

Yeah I agree with that. The Dallas story should have lasted longer. I also agree about Bill's hair :friends0: I think he needs to go see Pam like Eric does :motz:

Sorry everyone, I know I so behind, I just watched the scene with Eric and his hair disaster, 'Pam is going to kill me' :D

He does look better with short hair. That is one of my favourite scenes in True Blood. (Is it wrong that I still find him attractive covered in blood :motz::D:friends0:)

Er...no Stephanie, its not (I thought the same) :motz: