Artemis Fowl books by Eoin Colfer

Kell

I have to admit that if I were ever to return to acting, it would be so that I could play Captain Holly Short of the LEP-Recon - LOL!

I think they're really aimed at perhaps 10 & over (& the range could go right up really), but if you've got a 7 or 8 year old who's a particularly avid reader, I reckon they'd be more than happy too. I think they're aimed at the same market range as Harry Potter. I certainly enjoyed them & was thinking I might get them for my niece this Xmas asshe'll be almost 9 by then.

• 3 months later...

I've read the first four, and really enjoyed them. Artemis is my favourite character. I'll be reading the fifth as soon as it's out in paperback! I've also read The Wish List, which was very good, and The Supernaturalist, which I was less keen on.

I've read the first four, and really enjoyed them. Artemis is my favourite character. I'll be reading the fifth as soon as it's out in paperback! I've also read The Wish List, which was very good, and The Supernaturalist, which I was less keen on.

i loved the supernaturalist!!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
So I may be considered a little old (thirty and a bit...) for this series but I still think they're great.

Am I the only "adult" who enjoys them?

I also really enjoy Angie Sage's series Septimus Heap!

I liked Septimus Heap, too! :smile2:

I've read four Artemis Fowl books.. I'll read the fifth when it comes in my hands :lol: I liked the idea of someone not so perfect or good to be a main character and he's smart and funny :dog: I've started reading those books in elementary school and still like them very much :lol:

• 2 months later...

Generally I love this genre of book but I absolutly hated Artimus Fowl, I had to read it for a school book challenge and I found it very hard to finish. I think perhaps its the style of writing I don't like I've read other books written by him (mister monday) and I found that I didn't enjoy them either.

Generally I love this genre of book but I absolutly hated Artimus Fowl, I had to read it for a school book challenge and I found it very hard to finish. I think perhaps its the style of writing I don't like I've read other books written by him (mister monday) and I found that I didn't enjoy them either.

It's a shame you didn't like them. I think your getting a little confused though, Eoin Colfer wrote Artemis Fowl. Garth Nix wrote Mister Monday. (Keys to the kingdom.)?

• 3 months later...

Oh yeah I love these books! The thought if an evil teenage genius as the main character just drew me in! But I have to say i think Foaly has to be my favourite character his sarcastic comments are soo funny and he reminds me of me! :friends0: I've read the 5th one- Artemis Fowl and The Time Paradox and loved it so many twists and turns that kept you on the edge of your seat!

I have started the Arctic Incident and like what i have read thus far. :) I shall have more of an idea when i'm further in.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm currently over halfway through Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox, and enjoying it. I've read all the others and liked them too. I do like Colfer's sly, sarcastic wit and the relationship between Holly and Artemis.