Who is the Vampire to beat All Vampires?

From what I understand there are two more books. I'm looking forward to reading them.

According to Wikipedia there are quite a few books in the series.

The Vampire Chronicles

Interview with the Vampire (1976)

The Vampire Lestat (1985)

The Queen of the Damned (1988)

The Tale of the Body Thief (1992)

Memnoch the Devil (1995)

The Vampire Armand (1998)

Merrick (2000)

Blood and Gold (2001)

Blackwood Farm (2002)

Blood Canticle (2003)

The new Tales of the Vampires

Pandora (1998)

Vittorio the Vampire (1999)

I've read the first two but the rest sound pretty amazing too.

I also agree with bookjumper regarding Antonio Banderas being cast as Armand. Not the best choice in my opinion but I do have a soft spot for Brad Pitt as Louis and Tom Cruise was a good choice for Lestat. Kirsten Dunst was also amazing as Claudia.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. :friends0:

The edition of 'Interview with the vampire' in my library is a Dutch translation of 1990. It only mentions two other books. Perhaps the rest wasn't translated (yet).

The third book is called 'Moeder aller zielen' in Dutch, which means roughly translated 'Mother of all souls'. I didn't know the original title is 'Queen of the Damned', I've seen that movie too! It was pretty good. I did'nt know it was part of a series of 'Interview with a vampire'.

I hope they have all the books here.

The Dutch translation also mentions four other books by Anne Rice, under the category 'De Mayfair-Kronieken', I assume in English it's called 'The Mayfair-Chronicles', unless they've completely changed it's title too in Dutch. They seem to be about witches judging from their separate titles. Maybe I'm going to try those after finishing 'The Vampire Chronicles'.

The Dutch translation also mentions four other books by Anne Rice, under the category 'De Mayfair-Kronieken', I assume in English it's called 'The Mayfair-Chronicles', unless they've completely changed it's title too in Dutch. They seem to be about witches judging from their separate titles. Maybe I'm going to try those after finishing 'The Vampire Chronicles'.

The Vampire Chronicles feature some of the characters from the 'Lives of the Mayfair Witches Series' in the later books. I'm not sure how big a role they play in the vampire books but if you read all of the chronicles, you should be familiar with the witches before you embark on that series.

It all sounds pretty interesting :friends0::D

• 2 months later...
Dracula has to win hands down, he's the original master! :blush:

I think Lestat or Armand would be my among my favourites too though.

Hmm .. think I've changed my mind :DEric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries definately does it for me now :D

Thanks for this Nicola. I didn't realise there were so many. I've read the first six but think I'll have to look up the rest now :D

I think everyone's caught the Eric bug!! Haa!!:blush:

Yeah. I add myself to that list ;) As much as I love the Cullens (as my previous post argued), I get the feeling that Bill and especially Eric could easily win :lol: I wouldn't mind Eric fighting to save me :lol:

Well.....after reading the Sookie Stackhouse Souther Vampire Mysteries I think my new favourite vampire (sorry Lestat!!) might just be Eric Northman :blush:

I'm firmly on the Eric Northman team. :lol:

Oh Oh! :lol: Count me in! ;)

:lol::lol: and I thought I had it bad!!! 2 dancing/bouncing/hyper girls!! :blush: (there go the hysterical laughing heads again!!)

Is there a group already for Eric Northman/Sookie Stackhouse etc? How do we create one? Are we allowed? Confusion!

You people are so fickle! Everytime a new vampire comes along, it's *swoon* Edward *swoon* Eric.

Angel would kick all their nancy boy asses anyway.

:blush: No way, not Eric's, he's the real deal! Angel's just a pansy compared to Eric :lol:

Is there a group already for Eric Northman/Sookie Stackhouse etc? How do we create one? Are we allowed? Confusion!

If you find one/make one, someone please let me know so I can join in the fun :lol:

Great idea!

Angel isn't a pansy compared to anyone.

You need to read the books. :blush:

Edited by Charm

The best vampires, by far, are Dracula (no one is scarier or more tragic), Lestat (who can beat a rock star vampire?), and Armand (looks like a boy, feeds like a man).