The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just finished Eclipse and really enjoyed it. :D

Looking forward to reading Breaking Dawn, but won't get it until it comes out in paperback as hardbacks hurt my hand!

I hope it's not too long before it's in paperback so I can get my Edward fix again.... :17:

I miss the books already! :)

The paperback of Breaking Dawn was meant to be out on August 5th/6th - I pre-ordered it but Amazon sent me an email cancelling the order 2 weeks ago. Now, when you search for the paperback it doesn't find it again :)

Glad you liked Eclipse, Nici! I would think that BD comes out pretty soon in paperback; it seems like it has been a long time that it came out in the first place.

You can always re-read the other 3 books or watch the film a couple (dozen) times :D:).

Now there's an idea! Although I did watch the DVD this morning, is it too soon to watch it again? :D

Why, no! As a matter of fact it isn't! :) Have you watched it yet with the commentary on? It's the only way I watch it now...

Oh no! Okay I'll keep my eyes open and hopefully it will be out soon....

I'm nearly sure I saw paperback in Waterstone's, or was it Easons :) Its definately out over here. If you like I can pick up copy for you this week if I see it?

No problem, I was starting to think I had hallucinated it myself :) Actually, my friend Katie bought it several months ago, it's been here for ages. She bought the second, third and fourth books not long after seeing the movie last December.

I'm nearly sure I saw paperback in Waterstone's, or was it Easons :D Its definately out over here. If you like I can pick up copy for you this week if I see it?

How come Ireland have got it and not us?!!

Charm, that would be fab if that's okay with you! I'll PM you my address, let me know much I owe you! :)

I've read it, and thought it was interesting to get an alternative view on the story. It shows Bella in a whole new light, and I think makes her a more rounded person, and I love the extra time spent with the Cullen family. Having read the books so many times, it was fascinating to suddenly be able to read the same story from a new perspective.

I hope that one day she decides to swallow her pride and finish it, as I'd really like to read the whole book.

Ditto to what Chesil said, Nici. I liked reading from Edwards POV - it really gives you insight on how much he struggled. It's also interesting to read about how he actually 'hears' other people's thoughts. Give it a read if you have a chance :motz:.

I was torn on Midnight Sun. I did love reading it and found it great to have Edward's perspective. But at the same time, I didn't like knowing that much. I guess I liked the way he seemed mysterious from Bella's perspective. I liked guessing what he could be thinking. Still, I would love to read a few scenes from his perspective (first kiss & ballet studio!).

I had to watch a New Moon trailer today in the cinema, i felt angry having to stare at RP on a three story screen. He's quite an attractive guy though, but i'm afraid he doesn't persuade me to reach out for this thing called twilight :motz:

I was torn on Midnight Sun. I did love reading it and found it great to have Edward's perspective. But at the same time, I didn't like knowing that much. I guess I liked the way he seemed mysterious from Bella's perspective. I liked guessing what he could be thinking. Still, I would love to read a few scenes from his perspective (first kiss & ballet studio!).

I can see what you mean, but for me it gave re-reading Twilight a whole new dimension. What I enjoyed most about reading it, was it was like reading the same story but for the first time again. When you re-read a book you love, it's never quite the same as that first read when the story is new and unknown, but with Midnight Sun it was a new perspective on the characters and gave me the same tingle of excitement as the first experience of the book. Then on the next reading of Twilight I got the same tingle again, knowing how Edward was thinking and feeling, gave me a whole new experience within the same story.