The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it was embarrassing. I loved that movie, and I actually felt childish and stupid for being there, such was the apparant average mental age of the masses. And the LAUGHING, my god, they laughed at everything. The place errupted with Jasper's 'pained expression', and the growling in the baseball scene, and even the kissing scene! It was ridiculous! :lol:

I was a late bloomer and never got to see Twilight in the theatre. Trust me though, when I go to New Moon I'm going to see an early matinee while school is in session! I won't be able to handle being in the middle of a sea of screaming tweens, yuck. Being able to silently enjoy your obsession whilst perhaps wearing a disguise is more my style :lol:.

I was a late bloomer and never got to see Twilight in the theatre. Trust me though, when I go to New Moon I'm going to see an early matinee while school is in session! I won't be able to handle being in the middle of a sea of screaming tweens, yuck. Being able to silently enjoy your obsession whilst perhaps wearing a disguise is more my style :lol:.

:lol: Me too. The DVD was already out when I got into it! Therefore I missed all the obsession. I plan on going to see New Moon during the day, away from the school kids but it's still going to be packed! I can't wait longer than the first week or everyone on here will be talking about it and it will kill me :)

I'm a bit annoyed that they have recast Rachelle LeFerve! I liked her as Victoria and I think that it was unfair to dismiss her when the third and most important film for Victoria was coming up.

Hurrah...New Moon is at last getting interesting. Am half way through it now.

Kenny & I sat and watched Twilight last night (Edward was nice!) but have to say Bella got on my nerves a bit. I thought she was a lot plainer than I imagined she would be!

Twilight was like that here. I was ashamed for being a girl. When Edward came into the cafeteria, everyone actually starting shouting and CLAPPING. I was like, guys, he can't hear you. And if he could, he'd think you were a bunch of psychos who need to get boyfriends. So stop shouting, sit the hell down, and grow up.

LMAO! I am loving your work :)

Can you imagine with New Moon... they will scream

everytime he pops up on screen in Bella's mind

Are a lot of people here from America? I live in South East England and people here would complain if other filmgoers were talking/shuffling let alone screaming through a film.

I'm a bit annoyed that they have recast Rachelle LeFerve! I liked her as Victoria and I think that it was unfair to dismiss her when the third and most important film for Victoria was coming up.

Who is Victoria now then? That's a bit weird.. I hope they get someone with ACTUAL flaming red hair. :) Knowing Twilight, probably not though.

Twilight was like that here. I was ashamed for being a girl. When Edward came into the cafeteria, everyone actually starting shouting and CLAPPING. I was like, guys, he can't hear you. And if he could, he'd think you were a bunch of psychos who need to get boyfriends. So stop shouting, sit the hell down, and grow up.
Same here. Every single time Edward came in everyone just screamed like "OHMYGODHE'SSOHOT" "BITEME" "BANGMEEDWARDCULLEN" Me: "Ohh my gooddd, shut the hell up before I come at you with a pickaxe." And anyway...he's not THAT hot. :D (no offense)

I actually want to see the New Moon movie but I am definitely not watching it in the theatres where thousands of rabid twihards will scream and shout at the screen. If I DO watch in the cinemas, I will come with a chainsaw and threaten to chainsaw everyone to death if they start squealing about how hot Edward is or how much they want him to come back.

I am serious.

Who is Victoria now then? That's a bit weird.. I hope they get someone with ACTUAL flaming red hair. :D Knowing Twilight, probably not though.

They've cast Bryce Dallas Howard - daughter of Ron Howard? I think she has red hair but it's not exactly flaming :)

Scheduling conflict - she'll be in the middle of filming something else apparently, when they start on Eclipse and they weren't willing to wait.

She didn't turn it down. I read on the BBC that she wasn't filming anything else and she was completely aware of her running contract with the Twilight Saga and had every intention of honouring it. She has also said that she is upset and hurt. So, I think she has been shifted out on purpose.

I know this is a book forum but since we are going down the route of movies here - does anybody else have a problem with Kirsten/Kristen Stewart? I really do not like her :)

... apparently, the Twilight MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) is under development. Like World of Warcraft but minus orcs, darves and elves and plus humans, vampires and werewolves.

Do with this information what you will.

Oh, that is ridiculous! Honestly, I love Twilight but that is just taking it too far :)

Hahaha this information amuses me.

:D What on earth will they think of, next... One can only imagine...

Twilight breakfast cereal, anyone? Oh, no, wait, I'd better shut my mouth before that one actually happens... :)

I was a late bloomer and never got to see Twilight in the theatre. Trust me though, when I go to New Moon I'm going to see an early matinee while school is in session!

Same goes for me - I want to see New Moon in the cinema, but I won't be able to bear it if there's loads of screaming fangirls :)

Can you imagine with New Moon... they will scream

everytime he pops up on screen in Bella's mind

Even worse, can you imagine the screaming when

he takes his shirt off in the shadow of the clocktower, just before he goes to step out into the sunlight

? I might need to take some ear defenders with me :D

The other thing that she is filiming must be really good for her to turn down Eclipse!!

Apparently, she is shooting a film with Jack Nicholson, and there is an overlap so she would have to miss out on the rehearsal time and 10 days of shooting of Eclipse if she were to stick with that. The production company are claiming she didn't tell them until the last minute, and they're quoted as saying, "We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production."

This thread is wandering way off the books again....

But we've already discussed the books a thousand times :)

I was going to try and not re-read New Moon before the film is released. However, last night I picked up Twilight and I don't think that I am going to able to read that and then not re-read New Moon! :D

I know. I don't think I could ever read Twilight and then not read the next three. But I'm the same with all series when I re-read them. I can't just stop halfway through.