The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

The film wasn't cinematic genius, but it is obviously enjoyable and has a way of sucking you in! Goodness knows I've seen it more times than I can even count...:).

Maybe the Twilight Saga of films could get its own thread here, huh? I think I saw that Harry Potter got his own ;). Then we wouldn't have to hijack this one with movie talk.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe once New Moon is out and viewed. Until then, everything you're all saying about the movie (and the books) has already been said, possibly more than once. I've repeated myself a lot, too. So maybe when the new movie is out and there's new, comparison material, you guys can have a movie thread. Until then, talking about the movie in comparison to the book is allowed in this thread.

I'm not sure if there is a specific thread for the films, but I'm sure there are people here who would be interested to know that they are showing the first shots from the next film at the San Diego Comincon this weekend.

I'm not sure if there is a specific thread for the films, but I'm sure there are people here who would be interested to know that they are showing the first shots from the next film at the San Diego Comincon this weekend.

There's a thread in the social group. I saw the new scenes on youtube and I cannot wait for November :lurker: I know this is supposed to be about the books but I couldn't resist. They showed a scene with Bella/Jake on a bike and the scene with Alice and Bella in the porsche ;)

Jake, oh my! :lurker::D

Back on topic now ;) I'm re-reading Eclipse, and I don't know if its the new Jacob love I have, but Edward is really annoying me in this book.

Him being overprotective is a bit too much I think. I can see where Jake is coming from when he jokes about how Bella needs permission. I understand theres some danger but shes hung round with him before and New Moon proved dangers with the vampires. Shut up being so controlling Edward :)

Now I can honestly say I have read it. After all the hype about it I had to read it for myself and make up my own mind. I have to say it isn't my usual choice in genre (Vampires not being my first love of scary things, I have a dislike of them normally, to vivid an imagination). However, I read it and found it a compulsive read, if a little nervous about the actual subject matter. I have to admit I now have to read the rest. My niece has also given me the dvd to watch (probably from behind a cushion) but she reassures me it isn't scary :lurker: I have to admit I will also have to (try) and read the rest of them....well you do don't you!;)

Jake, oh my! :lurker::D

Back on topic now ;) I'm re-reading Eclipse, and I don't know if its the new Jacob love I have, but Edward is really annoying me in this book.

Him being overprotective is a bit too much I think. I can see where Jake is coming from when he jokes about how Bella needs permission. I understand theres some danger but shes hung round with him before and New Moon proved dangers with the vampires. Shut up being so controlling Edward :)

That is why I don't like Edward. Stalker freak.

I've tried very hard to keep this book at bay, but have finally given in.

I wont be buying a brand new copy of the series, but am keeping my eyes open in second hand bookshops and charity shops for a copy of the series and I will be reading it.

I'm kinda looking forward to it and do hope I get caught up in the series because I love it when that happens and it becomes impossible to put a book down so yeah...

I'll let you know when I have read it and what I thought about it!

I'm so glad you're loving this Nici, now I know I'm not mad! ;) Its one of the most affecting series I've read!

I wish you'd read it Michelle, I would love to know if another anti-twilight reader could be converted like me! :):lurker:

I watched the film yesterday and loved it. Think I might watch it again later! :lurker:

I'm a hundred pages into New Moon and so enjoying it!

I have to admit though that I have shed a few tears

I was devastated at the beginning of the book

Give it a go, you never know you might like it! :lurker:

I wish you'd read it Michelle, I would love to know if another anti-twilight reader could be converted like me! :);)

The book doesn't stand a chance, I've already decided that I'm sick to death hearing about it, and there's no way I'd enjoy it! (:D)

I would actually do anything to get you to read it Michelle, in the hopes that you wouldn't like it. I don't know anyone who has read it and survived it's charms. I hate it, but I also love it, and I'm really starting to think that's the best case scenario :lurker:

Do you think you'll ever read them, Michelle?

I remember there was a reaction to the Harry Potter books around book three, and there were lots of people out there who thought that only children should read them and adults should stick to "serious" books, and couldn't understand all the adults who became huge fans of the series.

I can understand why you want to avoid the Twilight books at the moment, but maybe in a few years when the fuss has died down, the films have all finished, the books have stopped being displayed everywhere, and the threads on here have slipped out of popularity, do you think you might have a look then? Would you ever tell us if you did? :lurker:

Do you think you'll ever read them, Michelle?

I remember there was a reaction to the Harry Potter books around book three, and there were lots of people out there who thought that only children should read them and adults should stick to "serious" books, and couldn't understand all the adults who became huge fans of the series.

I don't know why my reaction to Twilight is so huge - it took me a while to get to the Harry Potter books, but that wasn't deliberate, it just took a while. Even with Harry Potter though, I enjoyed the books, and I enjoy the films, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan.

I think I'm just completely sick of seeing Twilight everywhere I look, especially on here. I've heard people say that they're not very well written, and yet I'm seeing people on here re-reading for about the 10th time! Why?!

(This is said with a smile on my face, btw.. I'm not getting at anyone. :))

I can understand why you want to avoid the Twilight books at the moment, but maybe in a few years when the fuss has died down, the films have all finished, the books have stopped being displayed everywhere, and the threads on here have slipped out of popularity, do you think you might have a look then? Would you ever tell us if you did? :lurker:

The thing is, if I read it, and say that I dislike it, would anyone believe it's a genuine reaction?! ;)