What really bugs you?

Chimera

Rude people in supermarkets, I probably deserved it due to the fact I am slightly on the larger size, I was in asda with my sister and this woman rather than said 'excuse me' (I am not totally oblivious and very courteous) but I honestly did not know she was there, she rammed her trolley into me, causing me to fall into the display I was standing in front, it did not topple thankfully but it did hurt, the woman just kept walking, my sister went after her and demanded an apology, the reply was 'she was in my way'

Nice.

Good manners cost nothing :lol:

:lol: That's horrible!! I would've done the same as your sister. I cannot stand people like that. How rude!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rude people in supermarkets, I probably deserved it due to the fact I am slightly on the larger size, I was in asda with my sister and this woman rather than said 'excuse me' (I am not totally oblivious and very courteous) but I honestly did not know she was there, she rammed her trolley into me, causing me to fall into the display I was standing in front, it did not topple thankfully but it did hurt, the woman just kept walking, my sister went after her and demanded an apology, the reply was 'she was in my way'

Nice.

Outrageous, I complained about this very thing earlier in the thread, people are so damned rude :lol:

Nice.

Good manners cost nothing :D

What??? Why do people behave like that? Makes me so :lol: :lol: :lol: Well done to your sister for going after her!

Nice.

That is disgraceful! :lol: I know how annoying it is when someone is in your way but to knock someone over and then not apologise is so rude. Nobody deserves that treatment!

Thanks everyone, I told my sister to leave it because I just thought, 'well I was in the way' but my sister was livid and went after her.

I don't mean to sound so pathetic, I just want a quiet life :lol:

I hate with a passion, people (aka my brother!) putting empty bottles back in the fridge!:lol:

Drivers who don't understand the road rules and disrespect bike riders.

My partner and I went for a lovely bike ride last night. Over here, bike riders have every right to ride on the road and take up a full lane. Out of courtesy to other drivers, my partner and I (and most bike riders for that matter) ride on footpaths where possible, or at least right over to the side of the road.

Last night we were approaching a roundabout so had to ride on the road. A car approached behind us and blasted their horn because we were slowing them down. I know it can be frustrating to be stuck behind bikes, but we're legally entitled to be there! And we were only on the road for about 100 metres and we moved over as soon as we could.

And we got told off by a woman for riding on the footpath, when there was easily enough room for both us and her.

Well where are we supposed to ride then? Grr, it put a bit of a damper on an otherwise lovely ride. :lol:

I have found that most cyclists are brilliant co-road users, but you'll get the one or two who make life hell. I have come upon cyclists who have stopped for a rest on a blind corner (and still on the road!), and others (as well as tractor drivers) who have not made use of cycle lanes, pull-ins etc despite having created a long queue of vehicles behind them.

I get frustrated at the lack of consideration and manners by ANY road user. I hate it when I have seen drivers treat cyclists as fair game, and deliberately target them with abuse of aggressive driving.

I agree that bike riders don't always make it easier for motorists either, but the number of times I've had things yelled at me from passing cars, for absolutely no reason! I've either been in bike lanes or on footpaths, and completely minding my own business only to have a passenger from a passing car about 10 metres away yell stuff at me. A lot of people just have it in for bike riders for some reason. :lol:

I've seen it happen Kylie, and it's disgusting.

Why are people so hateful? I treat everyone I encounter (on the road and otherwise) as an individual worthy of respect and regard. There are too many days when I appear to be the only one like it!

OH and I spent last week travelling around the country, taking off routes as often as we used main roads and motorways. We encountered lovely people who literally went out of their way to give us easier passage, and others who actually put effort and energy into making life bl**dy awkward for us.

We had one or two jaw dropping moments when we couldn't believe the arrogance and attitude emanating from some pepole. It's sad.

Or drivers that think amber means "Stop if you feel like it".

Or drivers that get right up your bumper because you won't go 20 mph over the limit.

Cut ups on roundabouts.

Fully-comprehending teenagers who walk out right in front of your moving car, and then stand in the middle of the road looking at you with a nonplussed expression.

People that follow emergency vehicles so that they can weave through traffic.

People that ignore emergency vehicles.

I think maybe I should stay off road for a while...

Or the fact that if there is an accident, at least 3/4 of the cars that drive past will slow to look, and the other 1/4 is slowed by the majority so much that they make use of the time by having a good look as well.

I mean for crying outloud, someone could be seriously hurt. It's not there for your entertainment - move along please :lol:

- Cyclists who think that, just because they're not in a car, they don't have to stop at red lights.

- People who walk 5-abreast at a snail's pace, taking up the entire pavement.

- People that literally queue up to use the automatic doors, when there are perfectly serviceable doors that you open yourself right next to them and nobody is using them. (This is especially annoying for people with buggies, small children that need their hands held or they'll run off, and people in wheelchairs).

- People who were queueing to get through the automatic doors suddenly surging through the door I'm struggling to open whilst pushing a buggy, then letting it slam on me (and Xander in his buggy!) rather than stopping to help for the 2 seconds it would take to let me through.

- People who don't say thank you when you hold a door open for them.

- People who park their cars using more than one parking space, even though they are driving a small car (such as a Mini, for Chrissake!).

- People who need to park using more than one space because they've got one of those mammoth hummer-style cars for just them and their Yorkshire Terrier. (Why do they need such a huge car in the first place???).

To carry on the theme, I hate that public toilets more often then not are push the door to enter, and pull the door to exit.

Having seen the number of people that leave a public facility without washing their hands, guess how much I want to grapple a handle on the way out?! :lol:

That's a real pet hate for me (and my Mum!) too. If I'm wearing a fleece, I pull it over my hands to open the door if I must touch the handle, otherwise I use as little of my pinky finger as possible or wait hopefully for someone else to come in so I can catch the door with my elbow!

Vanwa, here in the states we call that "rubberknecking".

Lets see...

people who dont wash there hands but want to touch you,

people who walk into your place of business talking at the top of their lungs on the cell phone

same people who wont acknowledge you when you greet them, yet look at you like they've lost their minds because they think you're ignoring them!

people who allow their children to have a full flown nuclear meltdown in a public place and wont remove them from the area until they regain there senses.

That's a real pet hate for me (and my Mum!) too. If I'm wearing a fleece, I pull it over my hands to open the door if I must touch the handle, otherwise I use as little of my pinky finger as possible or wait hopefully for someone else to come in so I can catch the door with my elbow!

That's exactly what I do! :lol: I will attempt to hold the bit of the handle least likely to have been touched!

Copy-shop workers who, told you're in a real hurry, think its a good idea to use your dissertation to train their colleagues in a specific binding technique... my deadline was in three quarters of an hour with a bus in the middle, so naturally I wanted to strangle him. I made it in the end, but with only 9 minutes to spare and only because I powerwalked on my bad leg all my way to the bus stop!

I do this in work, with all of the doors! I'm a little OCD with my hands being clean!

I hate it when people bite down on the cutlery when they're eating, ewww it's going through me just thinking about it :lol:

I hate it when people bite down on the cutlery when they're eating, ewww it's going through me just thinking about it :lol:

Away from cleanliness and onto eating, I can't bear it when people chew with their mouth open, and I hate noisy eaters... "Chomp, chomp, chomp"

Why do people do that???

Bad manners

People who think they are funny when really they are quite rude

Greediness

Queue jumpers

People who put there feet on seat on bus/train...................

I agree!

Today, the fact that someone phoned to say that my hospital appointment next week has been moved from my local hospital (which is literally across the road from my parents' house) to the hospital 20 miles away. Great. :lol:

I agree!

Today, the fact that someone phoned to say that my hospital appointment next week has been moved from my local hospital (which is literally across the road from my parents' house) to the hospital 20 miles away. Great. :(

Or when they cancel and you have to wait yet another 6 weeks and your in total agony :lol:

Toilet hand-dryers - you know, the hot air ones - because they always fall into one of two categories:

They are either so weak that a bunny farting on your hands would dry them faster, or they are so vicious you end up in A&E with second-degree burns.

Dyson Airblades should be mandatory, everywhere!