What really bugs you?

Chimera

- When people say 'they must have a really good camera or that camera must take nice photos' when they don't bother to recognize it's the photographer that put the effort into composing a nice photo. It's like saying 'the strings on that guitar play nice music...'

- Another thing that bugs me is when companys don't bother to tell you when something isn't in stock anymore. I ordered two pairs of shoes from the US website a while ago, I waited the usual four weeks postage time thinking they were in the post, which they weren't. All this time they didn't bother to email me at all to tell me that they don't manufacture one of the pairs I wanted anymore. It was only when I emailed them to see what the go is with my order they told me.

I questioned them if I hadn't have emailed would they have even bothered to tell me eventually. They chose to completely sidestep that and ignore. Only the last few days they've fixed up my order and have given me my tracking number!

:lol:

Not a happy camper!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm walking along a busy street in a crowd, and suddenly the people in front of me stop suddenly, for no real reason, just to point at something in a window or whatever, and then I have to activate evasive manoeuvres very rapidly to avoid collison. Makes me go GRR.

Ugh, I hate that, Roxi! It's especially lovely when I go through the door at the market, get a shopping cart and the person in front of me has decided to stop. Right there in the middle of the doorway! Usually it's to look at coupons or pick up a box of day-old donuts, ;). I've noticed many annoying shopping habits people have come to think of it...

I hate walking through crowded streets for the same reason, Roxi. I also hate it when people walk out of a shop and straight in front of you without even looking both ways to see if they're about to step in front of someone.

And I hate when you go to overtake someone (whilst walking) and they start drifting over in the same direction so suddenly you can't get past them again. I swear it happens to me almost every single I try to overtake and it drives me nuts. I'm sure everyone is out to get me! ;)

And I hate when you go to overtake someone (whilst walking) and they start drifting over in the same direction so suddenly you can't get past them again. I swear it happens to me almost every single I try to overtake and it drives me nuts. I'm sure everyone is out to get me! :)

:lol: Urgh, I can't stand that! It happened to me the other day. I was stuck behind these five guys who took up the entire pavement and walked so insanely slow. The only way to get around them was to walk on the road because they'd shift in the direction I was trying to walk around. ;)

:) Urgh, I can't stand that! It happened to me the other day. I was stuck behind these five guys who took up the entire pavement and walked so insanely slow. The only way to get around them was to walk on the road because they'd shift in the direction I was trying to walk around. ;)

There are very few things that actually annoy me, but I will admit to this being one. Just show some goddam consideration people, is it really that difficult?

And I hate when you go to overtake someone (whilst walking) and they start drifting over in the same direction so suddenly you can't get past them again. I swear it happens to me almost every single I try to overtake and it drives me nuts. I'm sure everyone is out to get me! ;)

I hate it when that happens too! It's more dangerous when your riding a bike yourself, because you have to react real quickly to the person in front of you who's deciding this side of the pavement is better. Of course there are these bells on your bike which you can ring, but when you've already on your way to pass that person and she/he then suddenly comes your way it's a bit too late. And the bells also usually give other people a stroke =S

Another thing that I hate about traffic is that when a person is walking on the pavement and their walking right in the middle of it. And it's too narrow to get by from either side. I always yell in my mind at that point "pick a side and stick with it!!! :motz:"

Yep, I agree with all that! I'll also add: people who stand in the middle of the pavement to stop and have a conversation (get to the side out the way!) and people who walk two/three/four abreast, see you coming towards them and stay like that, instead of getting into single file. They obviously expect you to move into the road. Well, I just refuse to do that now. I'm not risking getting run over because they're selfish and ill-mannered. ;)

I'm another one who hates walking in crowds, which is strange because I've spent most of my working life working in malls. :)

The worst thing about the crowds in the mall would be the huge groups of teenagers who would stand around, blocking about 50 people from walking. ;)

Yep, I agree with all that! I'll also add: people who stand in the middle of the pavement to stop and have a conversation (get to the side out the way!) and people who walk two/three/four abreast, see you coming towards them and stay like that, instead of getting into single file. They obviously expect you to move into the road. Well, I just refuse to do that now. I'm not risking getting run over because they're selfish and ill-mannered. ;)

I've started to act a bit that way. I was once riding my bike when five (5!) girls were walking abreast and they didn't do anything when they saw me coming, I had to pass them in the greenery. That was so annoying. But I felt like I had to do the clearing out because I had a bike. I refuse to do it from now on, people need to have some respect.

I haven't read all of the thread so apologies if it's mentioned before, but what REALLY bugs me is drivers who don't indicate. Especially at roundabouts when you are waiting for their direction:motz:

This might be a touchy annoyance, but an annoyance it is all the same - people who absolutely cannot do ANYTHING new on their own. I have a friend who wants to get a tattoo, and she won't even go into the place to ask about it without me. I didn't even ask her to come with me when I got mine done last year, and she didn't offer. It's just a bit childish, surely if she wants the thing, she can go get it without needing me to hold her hand?

Any man over the age of 22 wearing skinny jeans. I know I shouldn't be bothered by fashion but it's just wrong to see a 35 year old with a beer gut wearing skinny jeans :lurker:

That's not about fashion, that's about indecent exposure ;)