What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just standing at the communal printer here at work and was reminded how much I hate it when someone takes the whole stack off the printer and proceeds to thumb through it with a finger they just licked looking for their particular document! Ugh, I don't want a paper with a slightly bent corner and your saliva on it, thank you very much :icon_eek:. Ick!

It bugs me when I see a headline in the newspaper "Teacher ...whatever", and then when I read the story it's actually about a classroom assistant. They are not the same thing. :icon_eek:

;) Paula, that is hilarious.... "Oh you should get that sorted." What? Like you might have just thought "Eh.. I'll get around to sorting this out one day." Morons. ;)

And a BIT of a know-it-all never really irks anyone.. It's just the full-fledged version that will get ya. :D

Thanks Bethany :icon_eek:

I am going to sound so mean, when I worked within addictions, it drove me mad because the clients will always say to the clerical staff, 'oh you think you are better than us because you have jobs' there is not much you could say to that but we were all thinking, 'hey if you want the job ~ take it!'

I hate people who play songs on their mobiles outloud, I was going to work one morning (when I was working) and this young boy kept playing over and over, 'Souja boy':irked:

People who read over my shoulder on the bus or in a shop, it is so rude!

I hate people who play songs on their mobiles outloud, I was going to work one morning (when I was working) and this young boy kept playing over and over, 'Souja boy':irked:

I hate that one too, the other week two guys were playing clashing tunes out their mobiles, surely even they weren't enjoying that?!

I hate that one too, the other week two guys were playing clashing tunes out their mobiles, surely even they weren't enjoying that?!

I can't imagine they would Lucy, that would drive you mad :icon_eek:

O2. I only found out today when I tried to call work on my mobile that the b******s had disconnected me for supposedly not making a chargeable call in the last six months, when I know I did. I don't use my mobile much (I keep it for emergencies), but I looked at my call register and it showed I made calls.

So now I have to watch out for when I'm reconnected and then rush to top up

I was just standing at the communal printer here at work and was reminded how much I hate it when someone takes the whole stack off the printer and proceeds to thumb through it with a finger they just licked looking for their particular document!

Gross. Dirty and gross.

Thanks Bethany :icon_eek:

Anytime! ;)

Believe me, it's even worse when you're not pregnant to begin with :icon_eek:

I am so glad to here it doesn't just happen to me! I remember complaining to my mum i had stretch marks whilst out shopping. Then a shop keeper butted in and said 'Oh thats normal when you have children.' Aggggh! By the way i have no kids!

I was just standing at the communal printer here at work and was reminded how much I hate it when someone takes the whole stack off the printer and proceeds to thumb through it with a finger they just licked looking for their particular document! Ugh, I don't want a paper with a slightly bent corner and your saliva on it, thank you very much :icon_eek:. Ick!

Oh I hated that with a passion when I was working peacefield. It also used to bug me that people would move anything you have printed on to the floor, if you left for a few seconds, I had the decency to put other people's work on top of the printer from them to find.;)

I am so glad to here it doesn't just happen to me! I remember complaining to my mum i had stretch marks whilst out shopping. Then a shop keeper butted in and said 'Oh thats normal when you have children.' Aggggh! By the way i have no kids!

It happened to me once - I was actually very bloated at the time from eating wheat - it was before I knew that I was intolerant. As for the stretch marks, I have those too, and no I don't have kids ! I had a growth spurt at puberty.

Women (Yes I am one too) who when they pay for their shopping have to take off their handbag, find their purse, take out the card, forget the pin number and then at last realises she has some cash. Pay for her shopping.

Phew!

It really winds me up!

People talking during a movie at the cinema. I knew it was annoying, but didn't realise until today how irritating it really is.

I really hate that too. And when people sat behind you keep knocking the back of your chair throughout the film (this happened to me last time I went to the cinema and it drove me mad) so now I have to sit on the very back row so there's no-one behind me

I really hate that too. And when people sat behind you keep knocking the back of your chair throughout the film (this happened to me last time I went to the cinema and it drove me mad) so now I have to sit on the very back row so there's no-one behind me

That is so annoying!! And keeping their feet on the chair's armthingy... where the person sitting infront of them would keep their arms.

And, people making fun of horror movies, laughing at the bits which scare the hell out of me. And younger people giggling at the naughtier scenes (quite natural in their age, but annoying when you yourself have grown out of it).

Once there were these three girls infront of me when we went to see Perfume. They kept talking and giggling during the commercials and trailers. When the trailer for The Queen -movie came up, I was a bit amused by the way it was made to seem really scary. Like how could a movie about the queen be scary? The title of the movie was announced in a really creepy way and I just had to say it myself, so I went "The Queeeeeeeeenhhh!". The three annoying teenagers looked back at me like I was the freak. They themselves wouldn't shut up for the whole movie and giggled at the stupidest things!

Something that annoys me immensely and it happened again, recently:

I am very tiny and also very skinny (which isn't as nice a combination as it might sound...). There is nothing wrong with me health wise, it's just the way I am. Now it really bugs me when absolute strangers start a conversation with me (because I work in retail that happens quite a lot), only to suddenly ask me, very seriously too: "You're so thin, do you eat at all?"

.... Of course I bloody eat! :icon_eek:

People talking during a movie at the cinema. I knew it was annoying, but didn't realise until today how irritating it really is. :D

Although...I am guilty of that myself. I've had popcorn thrown at me before, oops. :D :D

I can understand people talking a little during a movie. After all why bother coming out with friends if you act all the time like your on your own. But when people don't even bother wispering and talk all the way through so it becomes apparant they are not even watching the movie, well,.....lets just say i'd quite happily used a whole box of popcorn for their head! A large order of popcorn! ;):D

The mysterious individual who thinks it's amusing to turn the theatre lights off at night though other people are still working - I thought the two times it happened to me could have been an honest mistake as, after all, I was supervising one-off late-night workshops with foreign students, but apparently yesterday someone turned the lights off right in the middle of the evening show... audience and actors were plunged into darkness and not best impressed. Some people have a weird sense of humour.

It bugs me when I see a headline in the newspaper "Teacher ...whatever", and then when I read the story it's actually about a classroom assistant. They are not the same thing. :lol:

Ah yes, I hate the same thing when it is "Nurse....whatever" and it is about a care assistant.

While I have worked with some wonderful care assistants, one more irritation is those who like people to think they are nurses. I can spot them a mile off, they are dangerous because they love to offer medical advice willy nilly.