Hello to all!!

PandaGirl

Hello everyone!!! I am a single mommy to my gorgeous 7 year old daughter who has inherited my love of reading!! I joined because my sister in law and myself both agreed that we need to get back into the habit of picking up a good book rather than always jumping on the computer (quite ironic that we joined an online book club really!!!).

I love reading, always have, and I have amassed quite a collection of books, but they all seem to be around the same genre (mainly fantasy fiction... David Eddings, Raymond E. Feist, Anne Mccaffrey etc..) so another reason for joining will be for the reading circle as I am hoping it will encourage me to step away from this genre and broaden my reading material.

I am currently reading Kate Mosse - Labrinth, a book I borrowed off a friend and I recently found at the bottom of a larger pile of books waiting to be read!!!

I will be making my way through the threads trying to get to know how everything works, and I hope to get to know some of you at the same time.

Why hello :lol: and well done to you for instilling your love for books into your child. My mum did the same for me and that's the best kind of gift you can give to a kid, really - imagination, independence, comfort, adventure, friends, all in the same package! You're very welcome here, I'm sure you'll have a good time - people are nice as they are well-read. A haven, really!

:welcome2:Hi PandaGirl!

I'm pretty new here too! I've found everyone to be really friendly and supportive of each other....a really good forum.

The only downside is that I now have a list of about 15 books that I need to read.......will definitely fail my degree!!! :lol:

Happy reading!!

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. What a pleasure it is to find a forum that actually has members that will talk to you even though you are a 'newbie'. I have joined a few forums recently and so far this is the friendliest!!! So thank you all again. Think I may enjoy coming here xxx