Migraines / Headaches

Michelle

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I've only ever had a couple of actual migraines, usually I just suffer with bad headaches one/twice a month. I'm unsure what triggers them, but I generally get one around my period so they could possibly be hormonal. I take codis, which contain codeine and aspirin and they are dissolved in water. I find them quite effective with the pain, but they don't taste very nice or help with the nausea much.

• 2 weeks later...

I had another one last night :( my eyeballs felt like they had hot pins in, hubby even offered to take me to A&E bless. Just left with a residual headache and feeling groggy today.

Looks like the beta blockers don't work either so I'll be visiting my GP again soon.

• 2 months later...

I've had a migraine now for the past few days. I got really sick at work yesterday and almost decided to come home. I'm thinking that I should finally bring this up with my doctor, which I've never done.

I think I suffer from migraines, although in all fairness I've never had it officially diagnosed.

Although I don't get headaches that often, sometimes once a week, sometimes once every couple of weeks, when I do get one it tends to be pretty bad. It comes on usually roundabout mid-afternoon, although occasionally they've started slightly later than that, and they progressively get worse to the point where my concentration levels are completely out the window, my eyes ache, I feel nauseous, although I've never actually physically been sick, and the only thing that helps is by taking myself off to bed. Nine times out of ten when I wake up the next morning they've completely gone, however occasionally I'm left with a slight manageable headache that usually goes completely within an hour or two.

Well since the end of Feb I've only had one migraine last Monday which was completely down to stress! The new tablets from my GP are doing something :) Don't get me wrong I've not been totally headache free but they have been manageable with strong pain killers and apart from last Monday I've not lost any days at work since February :D

I was keeping a diary listing everything I did and ate but I've given up as according to my GP I unfortunately don't always have to have a trigger to get a migriane :irked: I did a bit of research on the old interwebs and also on advice from GP I now lead a very boring life! I try and go to bed and get up around the same time every day as having a lie in can trigger a migraine as can not having enough sleep, I'm also making sure I eat regularly and drink plenty of fluids, missed meals and dehydration are another cause. I am also avoiding alcohol and if I do partake I am only having a few and I'm completely avoiding red wine (one glass completely ruined my Christmas Day last year :( I am also avoiding sitting out or going out for too long in the sun as even with good sunglasses can be a cause.