All new What's for dinner?

Nici

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oven has broken :(

Aw you poor thing! :irked: I've had no oven for about two weeks so I know that feeling. Thankfully its all fully operational now so I'm gonna do a full sunday roast chicken dinner :lol:

I'm having turkey. My next door neighbours bought a turkey for dinner and didn't eat about 2/3 of it, so they gave it to us - theres enough there to feed the four of us this evening.

Garlic-roasted duck breast with sauteed onions and mushrooms, Jersey Royal baby potatoes and honey-sesame seed carrots. Delicous, if I say so myself - filled my tum very nicely and left a smile on my face. :lol:

Last night, I made snapper fillet coated with parmesan bread crumbs and drizzled w/lemon juice, rice, and roasted mushrooms.

Tonight, I'm making some kind of pasta.. not sure what kind yet, but hoping to try to throw some asparagus in there if I go with a cream sauce.

My cooking skills are improving so much!! :roll:

We had spicy sausage chopped up with mushrooms and pancetta with tomatoes, new potatoes and broccoli.

(ps Broccoli is the one word I always have to check the spelling. I can never remember. lol)

Tonight we are having my version of kedgeree. Yum!

Sounds yummy Sara! My OH & I are trying to eat a lot healthier, so I have been making a lot of vegetable packed stews which tend to last us 3-4 days. They're great & have no salt, no unnatural ingredients & are packed full of goodness, so we're very happy to be eating them! Yesterday I finished off making a chicken stew, & some homemade muesli bread, so that will be dinner for the next few nights.