Introduction

moonbeammeg

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself by way of dipping a toe gently into this forumming lark.

I'm Katherine, I'm 48 ( how did that happen? ), married, 5 kids ( 3 of whom are in the process of leaving home ) so I now have a little more time to indulge in one of my great pleasures, reading.

I like all sorts from Jane Austen, Dickens and Trollope to Neil Gaiman, Barbara Trapido and Kate Atkinson.

My guilty reading pleasures are 'old fashioned' detective stories Christie, Dorothy L Sayers and Sherlock Holmes. I can re-read any of them any number of times. I have also been known to return to childhood favourites such as Milly Molly Mandy, Enid Blyton and Little Grey Rabbit but my kids are too old now for me to pretend I'm reading to them, so I have a secret kiddy book stash under the bed!

Other interests are the theatre, music, patchwork, knitting and dressmaking and walking my little dog.

Anyway, I look forward to reading lots of threads and maybe contributing a little.

You'll get used to it eventually. It can seem maybe a little.. overwhelming (?) at the beginning, but you'll soon settle into it. :D

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself by way of dipping a toe gently into this forumming lark.

I'm Katherine, I'm 48 ( how did that happen? ), married, 5 kids ( 3 of whom are in the process of leaving home ) so I now have a little more time to indulge in one of my great pleasures, reading.

I like all sorts from Jane Austen, Dickens and Trollope to Neil Gaiman, Barbara Trapido and Kate Atkinson.

My guilty reading pleasures are 'old fashioned' detective stories Christie, Dorothy L Sayers and Sherlock Holmes. I can re-read any of them any number of times. I have also been known to return to childhood favourites such as Milly Molly Mandy, Enid Blyton and Little Grey Rabbit but my kids are too old now for me to pretend I'm reading to them, so I have a secret kiddy book stash under the bed!

Other interests are the theatre, music, patchwork, knitting and dressmaking and walking my little dog.

Anyway, I look forward to reading lots of threads and maybe contributing a little.

Hi Katherine! I'm Liz, a newbie, too, 49 years old for one month now, AND I have 5 kids. :) I love Dorithy Sayers and Sherlock Holmes, as well. Have you read any of Ruth Rendell's psychological mysteries, or George Simenon's Inspector Maigret books?