The Curious Case of Benjamin Button...

Bronwen

... made me cry :)

Watched it at the cinema last night, it was really good and quite a long movie too! But it was also really sad and we could hear people sniffling behind us :D

It's about a boy who's born really old and gets younger instead of older as time passes, which is a great theme in itself. Stars Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett.

It's about love, growing old (and young), loss and life/death in general and really makes you think.

I came out all wet-eyed but I managed to ignore it and I don't think anyone noticed! It's one I'll definitely be buying on DVD or blu-ray though :tong:

It's a lovely, gentle film - very enjoyable, if a little long. Very sad too. :D

I agree with you Kell.

My favorite thing in the movie was that woman (I've forgotten her name :))

who took Benjamin to raise him and to love him, no matter what he looked like. I think the most tearful moment was when Benjamin came back to see her after so many years and she was just sooo happy to see him again :tong:

I saw this on Monday while the boyfriend was here. Was good, but a little predictable in parts I think. It made me laugh more than I expected, in fact it wasn't really what I expected at all but it was good all the same

I might see this, i like a lot of Brad Pitt's work and think he's a pretty good and versatile actor. I've been interested in the actual story since i first heard about it.

• 1 month later...
Have you seen him in Burn After Reading? He was hilarious!:irked: - in a good acting sort of way!

That was an awesome movie indeed!

I still haven't watched the Curious Case. But am i the only one who thought this wasn't one of Fitzgeralds best stories?

I recall too having left the cinema with tearing eyes and a swollen heart.It's a very long and sad story about living the life, about love and being love despite and against everything. It's a good film and ther's a good Kate Balnchet to see.

But.

After a while I thought about the film again and found out it was a little bit put up to impress the academy. It was too Oscar aimed. Also, I felt more love in a scene in Babel starred by Cate Blanchet and Brad Pitt than in many in this film.

I've just seen in and rally liked it. If you view it seperately from the short story it is a very good movie indeed, but I did miss the funny start of the story where Benjamin is born an old grumpy man. That would have made a fun scene!

• 3 months later...

i absolutely adored this film. i have it on dvd now.

i'm an absolute sucker for sad films & i have a thing about remembering film quotes that really get you thinking. this film definitely gave me a lot to think about.

some of my favourite quotes were:

"goodnight benjamin"

"i'm always lookin' out my own eyes"

"it's a funny thing about comin' home. looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. you'll realize what's changed is you"

"benjamin, we're meant to lose the people we love. how else would we know how important they are to us?"

"some people, were born to sit by a river. some get struck by lightning. some have an ear for music. some are artists. some swim. some know buttons. some know shakespeare. some are mothers. and some people, dance."

"and in the spring, 2003, he looked at me. and I knew, that he knew, who I was. and then he closed his eyes, as if to go to sleep."