Hot Chocolate!

Inver

Which are your favourites??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which are your favourites??

I like hot chocolate, preferably Cadbury's with hot milk etc. but recently I have been enjoying the 'Options' Belgian chocolate variety. I have had two today so far and can feel the urge for another one soon.

What is your favourite 'Options'? I voted Choc and Hazelnut.

Edited by Inver

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah i luuurve hot chocolate :blush: especially when im settling down amongst the blankets to watch a film or read. I like Cadbury's a lot, in fact when i looked in my cupboard earlier, i still have one and a half containers full lmao! I like the look of the Galaxy one and also i would like to try a mint flavoured one!

I'm not sure what all these 'options' hot chocolates are, probably UK brands... But I love hot chocolate! It doesnt need to be anything fancy with mint or orange in the mix. Just plain creamy steaming chocolate is perfect! :blush:

Luckily at work we have a free hot drinks distributor which includes excellent hot chocolate *grins*

I actually prefer making my own hot chocolate with milk and the darkest chocolate I can find, add a dab of honey, some cinnamon and a dash of chilli (yes, chilli!) and you have the perfect warming, indulgent hot chocolate drink. I only make it very occasionally though, as a special treat!

I'm not sure what all these 'options' hot chocolates are, probably UK brands... But I love hot chocolate! It doesnt need to be anything fancy with mint or orange in the mix. Just plain creamy steaming chocolate is perfect! :blush:

Luckily at work we have a free hot drinks distributor which includes excellent hot chocolate *grins*

It's just little sachets of one hot choc drink in a flavour, such as mint or belgian chocolate :lol:

And yes you're very lucky!

Lucky you, Chimera!

It's just little sachets of one hot choc drink in a flavour, such as mint or belgian chocolate :17:

And yes you're very lucky!

I know, it's a big plus for the job :lol: (which is great anyway but still, it's a perk)

I prefer not to think of the quantity of sugar I consume with it though :blush: I wish there was a "less sugar" option.

I actually prefer making my own hot chocolate with milk and the darkest chocolate I can find, add a dab of honey, some cinnamon and a dash of chilli (yes, chilli!) and you have the perfect warming, indulgent hot chocolate drink. I only make it very occasionally though, as a special treat!

Kell you have just reminded me I have a little sachet of real chocolate from Chocolate Tasting club I haven't used. I have heard that chilli just adds that little something to it too...mmmmm:mrgreen:

Michelle - thank you for moving the aspartame discussion. No offence Nellie, but this was just supposed to be a fun post.

These are far too sweet for me. I don't often have hot chocolate but if I do, I make it with Cocoa then I can add a minuscule amount of sugar!

My son likes the normal Belgium chocolate one, and my daughter the white chocolate one though. :blush:

I don't really like the Options ones.

My favourite hot chocolate generally is Green and Blacks. But it's a bit expensive so I usually have Cadbury's instead which is more than good enough.

I tried the Twinnings one once which looked amazing (like proper flakes of chocolate) but was disappointing.

The best hot chocolate I have ever had was in a little cafe in Verona in September '05. They made it the proper way, like in the movie Chocolat - it was so thick you needed a spoon to eat it (ok maybe not quite that thick, but it was thick).