Sarah 1979 reading log 2009

sarah1979

Just finished reading Celeste by Virginia Andrews. Does anyone else like her stories and writing style?

I read the Flowers in the Attic series about 15yrs ago now and I have a couple of hers on my TBR pile. What did you think of Celeste?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found Celeste to be really good, its very similar to Flowers in the Attic with the controlling mother. It did take me a couple of chapters to get into but once the story developed it was hard to put down. Throughout the book i was wishing for Celeste to stand up to her mother. I have just started Black Cat which is the second in the series so looking forward to what happens next!

I've only read a few Virginia Andrews - years and years ago when I was still at school/college - the first three of the 'Flowers in the Attic' series (were there more in the end?) - I remember the first one being brilliant - the second good - but the third disappointing (I can't remember what it was called).

I also read My Sweet Audrina but I have no recollection of the plot. Mind you, it was about 24 years ago so it's hardly surprising!

If I didn't have such a huge 'to read' pile I might even try the first 'Flowers' book again! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished reading Black Cat by Virginia Andrews. I found it a good read if a little depressing. It is sad how the main character is so accepting instead of chalenging the situation. I would recomend this book as it does grip you but dont expect a happy ever after.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished reading Sail by James Patterson. It didnt have very good reviews but i actually enjoyed it, it wasnt one of his best but it was still enjoyable and a very quick read. It reminded me of a sinister version of the film Castaway. Its quite different to his other stories and the writing in parts is not so good but its a bit of escapism.

• 1 month later...

Had a bit of a reading spree, the Other side of the Story was really good, the size of the book put me off but got into it so easily. Has anyone else read it? Also the Accident by Danielle Steele i thought was a brilliant book, so emotional i had tears in my eyes. Has anyone read this book? On Prince Caspian now so hope i enjoy it!

• 2 months later...

I was shocked the other day when I realised how few Dickens novels I have actually read. I think it's because I'm so familiar with the stories due to TV adaptations and what not, I feel like I've read all the books! Anyway, Great Expectations is now on my TBR pile :(

Enjoy A Christmas Carol, great read this time of year :)