Whitechapel

Ophelia

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you all enjoy the programme (if we can 'enjoy' anything that gruesome).

I, too, am fascinated by all things 'Ripper'. I've read several books on the subject and each one of them names a different suspect as the killer. I suppose that is part of the case's enduring fascination for us - no-one really knows 'whodunnit'!

A really good 'Ripper' web-site is http://www.casebook.org (if I remember correctly)

I wasn`t sure about it to begin with, but soon really got into it. I was hoping it would be on consecutive nights, but no, got to wait another week.

I agree Janet, I think it`s the best ITV have done for quite a while.

I'm really looking forward to this but I'm going to record all three episodes and watch them one after the other as I don't like it when they're spread over 3 weeks.

Same here. I skyplussed the whole lot and will watch them at the end altogether :P

I really enjoyed it, my sister who has a interest in Jack the Ripper found it very interesting, a really good drama and I am looking forward to the next part.

:blush:

Well it is obvious who the ripper is (No I have not read the book)

It is not really dark enough for me but will watch it through to the end.

Do you mean the tour guide Colin? that would be too obivious but at the same time, so obivious, we might not guess :blush:

I really enjoyed this too and am looking forward to the next episode. I love Rupert P-J and his quaint meticulous behaviour with his tiger balm (lol) and antibacterial gel for his hands. Nice touch.

I thought it was manacing too, with the dim lighting and the glimpse of the ripper going past some shots. Not sure who it is yet (even though I've read the spoiler) but just like to keep my options open. After all, we never knew who the real Jack was did we.:D

Actually no I think it is

the OCD Chief inspector

What makes you think that Colin.. and wasn't he otherwise occupied when the murders took place?

Do you mean the tour guide Colin? that would be too obivious but at the same time, so obivious, we might not guess :D

I was thinking the same Paula!