Andaira's Collection 2009

Andaira

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, which is why I need to really reread the last 2 books... I read them really fast because I was so excited to have them (waited till 2 am at the book shop to buy them the first night) that I have forgotten a lot from them.

I was thinking of having a HP reading marathon but then I thought "When?". I have so many books lined up that I have no idea when I would be able to read books 1-7. Who would've thought that the life of a reader was so complicated? :)

I'd like the read The Princess Bride. The film is awesome but I don't know how true it is to the book.

I still haven't watched the movie :giggle:, but I plan to. Maybe I'll give my thoughts on that little tid-bit after I see the film.

And now for a review on...

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, by Stephen King

Synopsis:

Eager to escape the bickering of her recently-divorced mother and her older brother, Pete, nine-year-old Trisha McFarland wanders off the main path of the Appalachian Trail between Maine and New Hampshire, where they have embarked on a weekend outing. As she tries to take a short-cut to catch up to her family, she strays further from the trail and deeper into the second-growth, untrodden woods, where she has no means of navigation and little defense against the elements.

Bruised, battered, and riddled with wasp and mosquito bites, Trisha elevates her spirits and preserves her connection with civilization by tuning into the radio station that broadcasts the Boston Red Sox games. She spends her first night alone, listening as her hero

I found your review of 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' really great and i definitely agree with all you said. The first line is brilliant, i've always remembered it. It's such a different book for King too, it shows his versatility and skill.

I found your review of 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon' really great and i definitely agree with all you said. The first line is brilliant, i've always remembered it. It's such a different book for King too, it shows his versatility and skill.

Yes, it does show that most definitely. I'm finding it a little difficult to get into Duma Key at the moment, but hopefully that will pass. I've heard such great things about the book from another King fan I've befriended that I'd want to finish reading the entire thing.

I didn't make much of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon when I read it last year, maybe I should get around to re-reading it!

I don't think that it's his best work, but it's certainly a good one to have started with as I begin to read him again. You should definitely re-read it :D.

• 2 months later...

Well I haven't been by for a LONG time since RL has kept me super busy. But I am going to try and return and get into the forum like before, since I did love this place and miss it.

I also haven't picked up a book since who knows how long (the travesty!) so I'm attempting to do so once more. It's been the death of me not having the time for reading books, but I have updated the TBR pile (lots of books were taken out, some added in), and in a few days I should be able to snuggle up on a sofa with a good book and fully enjoy it.

Edited by Andaira

Yay :) you should definitely hang around, even if you are going through a busy time, you can drop by whenever ^^

It's nice to be here again but I still don't know for sure if I'll be permanent *sighs*

And I know how that goes, what you're going through. It's horrible when we can't just read all and anything that we want throughout life and do nothing else. While still being able to support ourselves :)