Worst ever film from a book?

kateleopald

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The golden compass.i found the book ten times better than the film.the film dissapointed me greatly.

Most definately the worst. I know the film is never going to be the same as the book, but there were far too many differences in the Golden Compass in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
The Horser Whisperer. The ending of the book and film are completely different. You get to the end and think "what..."

I've read the book and see the film too and the book id far better and I totally agree with you about the ending. When I read the end of the book I ctried but the end of the film left me wondering if the had read the book at all.

I think almost all films from books are bad.

The only recent one i liked was Watchmen.

I think with making the films they should stay as true to the book ad possible.

I thought Watchmen was a cracking good adaptation as well. Very loyal to the source material. Excellent graphic novel, excellent film. :irked:

Yeah, I agree with Smay, most of the films from books are bad. There are only a few that stay true to the book, yeah. I thought Lord of the Rings went pretty close and so did Inkheart. Although, the ending was just... Over the top, really, and the script was just... they coulda done better. But the appearances, I think, were just perfect.

Jacob, Esme, Alice, and Rosalie.

What in the?! Didn't know that... well at least they look convincing ? Except for jacob. Those desperate fools! :irked:

I also think the Harry Potter movies miss out on several important bits and pieces, but it wasn't too bad. It's really only the fifth one that misses out on a lot. At least it was bareable to watch, unlike Twilight, which honestly makes me gag.

At least it was bareable to watch, unlike Twilight, which honestly makes me gag.

*claps* (i couldn't find a clap smilie, sorry)

^Yeah, the Fifth one really missed out on a lot. No-one had much lines, it was just Harry harry harry harry bleh. I frown upon their failure. :irked: (that can be a frown)

I think one should go to the cinema leaving behind the idea of the book one has read. Literature and cinematography are two completely unrelated way of telling a story. So you'll always be ddisappointed if you go there trying to recreate the same atmosphere you'd experienced while reading.