What was for lunch?

Michelle

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Went out for lunch today to the Harvester. I had two bowls of salad (well it's only salad, I was hungry and our food took ages :006:) and garlic and mushroom linguine. It was delicious. OH doesn't like mushrooms, linguine or creamy pasta sauces so it was heavenly to be able to eat my favourite type of pasta :welcome:

Chicken curry pie from the bakers - naughty I know but it's my weekly treat. I'm going to start making my own pies though as my favourite meat and mushy pea pie is no longer available.

Well, it's lunch time right now, so... let's see, I'm having coffee. I might even make it healthier and add a banana-strawberry smoothie to it. Would that qualify as lunch?

What do you add to yours? I've been looking at the bananas, the strawberry's and the blender but thinking I must be missing something else.

yogurt. And I use frozen strawberries so I won't have to add ice cubes. But if the berries are fresh, you might want to add ice to make it more refreshing.

And I just got this most hilarious image in my head, of you in your kitchen, looking at the blender, bananas and strawberries at the counter, thinking "something's not right here..." with a puzzed expression on your face.

Edit: Sometimes juice is used as the base liquid, I suppose. But it all depends on what your throwing in. Which is the fun part, mixing up new ones depending on what you find in your kitchen.

For some reason I find that really funny. Must be all the school work I've done today. It has twisted my brain.

There's also tons of recipes online, in case you run out of ideas.