New Films You're Waiting To See

Guest Vince

Jo-Bridge - did you see that Mickey Roarke won best actor for the Wrestler at the Globes? It's kind of a come back for him, but he freaks me out too and I had to turn the channel I couldn't even watch him give his acceptance speech!

I'm excited for Angels & Demons too, and hope it lives up to the book since I liked that one more than DC. I'm not over the moon for Hanks either, so I guess we'll have to see...

I also would like to see the following before the Oscars: The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire, Happy-Go-Lucky, Revolution Road, Doubt and The Dutchess.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 3D one that's coming out soon looks quite good, My Bloody Valentine or something along those lines.

That does look good but they don't do the 3D version at my local cinema.

I saw Role Models today and it was a lot funnier than I thought it would be :D

Revolutionary Road. (2008)

Out on the 30th January 2009 (UK).

Synopsis.

April and Frank Wheeler are a young, thriving couple living with their two children in a Connecticut suburb in the mid-1950s. Their self-assured exterior masks a creeping frustration at their inability to feel fulfilled in their relationships or careers. Frank is mired in a well-paying but boring office job, and April is a housewife still mourning the demise of her hoped-for acting career. Determined to identify themselves as superior to the mediocre sprawl of suburbanites who surround them, they decide to move to France where they will be better able to develop their true artistic sensibilities, free of the consumerist demands of capitalist America. As their relationship deteriorates into an endless cycle of squabbling, jealousy and recriminations, their trip and their dreams of self-fulfillment are thrown into jeopardy.

This looks very good. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe i didn't go and see The Wrestler when it was out. Pure laziness on my part. I wish I could get excited about the new Terminator movie, but for some reason the casting of christian bale and the trailers I've seen, leave me somewhat disheartened. I hope I do enjoy it as I love the concept and the first 2 films. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button is another I wish to see.

They made a movie of Coraline? I bet that's weird...the book is strange enough.

Hopefully I'm seeing Benjamin Button this weekend when my boy comes down, presuming the snow has stopped enough for me not to fall over on my crutches!

Oooh, I had my eye on that. I want to read the book first though! Have you read it? :D

No, I would like to though. I want to read the book version of Slumdog Millionaire too, but I can't remember what it's called. I loved that film so I hope the book will be good too

No, I would like to though. I want to read the book version of Slumdog Millionaire too, but I can't remember what it's called. I loved that film so I hope the book will be good too

Well it's called Q&A, but another edition has been released as Slumdog Millionaire too :D

I want to see The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button. - It's out tomorrow. :D

I want to watch this too, BF says it looks rubbish, but I like the sound of the storyline ;)

Edited by Kell

Oh I think we're going to see that one this We. Is it meant to be really good?

Well it's called Q&A, but another edition has been released as Slumdog Millionaire too ;)

:D And it's actually better than the film storywise. You wont be disapointed!

I want to watch this too, BF says it looks rubbish, but I like the sound of the storyline :D
Oh I think we're going to see that one this We. Is it meant to be really good?

It's a very gentle film - easy to watch even though it's long. It's an unusual story and both the leads put in good, solid performances - well worth seeing. Much better than Slumdog too. Better still, see The Reader - it's excellent - Winslet really does deserve the Oscar, I think!

It's a very gentle film - easy to watch even though it's long. It's an unusual story and both the leads put in good, solid performances - well worth seeing. Much better than Slumdog too. Better still, see The Reader - it's excellent - Winslet really does deserve the Oscar, I think!

What is The Reader about? I've not heard anything about it

It's a very gentle film - easy to watch even though it's long. It's an unusual story and both the leads put in good, solid performances - well worth seeing.

Sounds good! I just downloaded the original short story in free e-book form. I want to read it before seeing the film.

Edited by Chimera
typo

It's a very gentle film - easy to watch even though it's long. It's an unusual story and both the leads put in good, solid performances - well worth seeing. Much better than Slumdog too.

Well, I went to see it tonight and rather enjoyed it but found it a bit too dragged out and over dramatic on the edges... I agree with you about the two main actors and it being a nice gentle film for a quiet evening. But it's nothing compared to Slumdog Milionnaire imo!