Dr Who

Michelle

The Welsh bit, it's broken again . . .

If RTD were still writing the series I could see him putting in a link to Torchwood like that, but I don't think Moffat would do so.

I think it is something else, but I have no idea what!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I had a look and if you just click on the episode bit, it has a total of one sentence and states no more than was shown at the end of the last episode. I just searched for Doctor Who and clicked on the listing for Saturday night at 6.30pm. The episode is called Victory of the Daleks. The entire write-up of it is "The Doctor is summoned to Blitz-torn London by Winston Churchill - and the Daleks are waiting for him!" which is exactly what we were shown, so no spoiler there.

There's a blog post featured on the front page of RT, but it's about the episode that was shown at the weekend. Perhaps that's the spoilery thing that you heard about - if the person hadn't seen the latest episode and read it, it would be totally ruined for them.

Yes, I don't quite understand the logic in allowing a weekly magazine to spoil your reveal (especially one that hasn't made its own way onto the net!).

This one is what I thought it was (having picked up a copy on the way home).

Suffice to say it is another cover spoiler, not quite as bad as the Human Dalek one from a couple of years back, but its still annoying (though maybe only to the hardcore fans!).

Suffice to say it is another cover spoiler, not quite as bad as the Human Dalek one from a couple of years back, but its still annoying (though maybe only to the hardcore fans!).

Human dalek, Davros, Doctor's Daughter, these are just three of the ones that come to mind straight away - they've potentially spoiled so many episodes. In previous series it hasn't bothered me quite so much, as I've tended to be on the Doctor Who forums and listened to podcasts, so I've automatically been exposed to spoilers, but this time, I've tried to stay away from them, so I've bought the Radio Times, but haven't read it yet, and will try to avoid doing so until Sunday!

At least they portrayed the trip as "hell and dank horror", so surely trying to persuade folks that drug abuse is a bad thing...

Indeed, and as it should be.

I like to think not many Dr Who viewers will be impressionable enough to let that influence how they behave.

It just leaves me with very silly images of stoned Daleks.

Just finished watching tonights episode. Bit weak I felt, and the main story was over within 30 minutes with another 12 minutes of pointless exposition at the end. Very disappointing as I love Mark Gatiss writing, and it started off with such promise seeing the Daleks in a different way (cup of tea? :D).

I thought it was ok for a Dalek episode. To be honest I don't really like the Daleks. I'm a lot more excited about the Angels episode next week. It's something new (kind of) at least.

It was so exciting when The Master came back a couple of years ago because he hadn't been around for ages. I wish they could do the same with the Daleks - just let them rest a little.

I agree thought it was quite a weak episode and the daleks just a bit bland not sure I am that impressed with the primary colour look was also a little annoyed with the portrayal of Churchill, thought he was a litle comedic and buffony (not sure if thats a word)....still each series has its highs and lows hope the next one is better it has the potential to be.

I wasn't very impressed either, and like you Michelle I was more impressed with the war daleks than the multi-coloured ones (especially with my sister's comment that they looked like tellitubbies!). I am looking forward to next week though, I liked Blink.

I quite enjoyed it, though the highlight was probably, upon the advent of the gaudy coloured daleks, my friend singing, 'go go dalek rangers!'

I was more bored this week than either of the other two weeks. That said, I've actually seen Blink and I'm reeeeally looking forward to next week.

We'll most likely be watching the repeat tonight on BBC3 as the time it's at on Saturday nights isn't at all convenient for us - we're bathing Xan at that time and getting him ready for bed. Sunday nights he's already in bed when the repeat comes on, so we can settle down and enjoy it. I notice they've already stared shifting the time around though - you'd think they could set a specific time and leave it there for a gem like Doctor Who!

I notice they've already stared shifting the time around though - you'd think they could set a specific time and leave it there for a gem like Doctor Who!

What and muck up broadcasting greats such as "Lets find a non equity actress for our new musical that need loads of publicity on the cheap"

I don't understand why they move ANY of the schedule around. They know what programmes they have and how long they'll run. They should arrange the schedule so that the programmes have a regular time and fit one-offs in between them. That way people know when their favourite shows are on and they don't have a dip in viewing figures that they do when people don't know when their show is on because it's been moved yet again - grrrrr!

OK, so I found the Dalek/Churchill episode incredibly dull. And what's with the brightly coloured Daleks? Cheery colours do not a scary alien make! Rather disappointed by this episode, which is surprising, because I usually like Mark Gatis' stuff!